Aftermarket Hubs

4 replies to this topic
  • clark4131

Posted February 15, 2006 - 10:47 AM

Aside from Talon, who else makes aftermarket hubs? I've got a nice new Excel rim sitting in the box, and I'd love to lace up a spare rear wheel. I can get a new OEM hub for around $74, but before I do that, I'd like to know what my options are. As always, muchas gracias...SC

• SpeedBlitz

Posted February 15, 2006 - 11:30 AM

http://www.radmfg.com/

Don't know anyone that uses them, but seem to have been around for a reasonably long time. Sure seem pricey.

As you probably know, another option would to try and get a used one for a decent price on eBay, then have it machined and anodized if you want to have a nice looking hub with bling.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:27 PM

I have Talons on my spare wheels with spline drive spokes and excel rims. Perfection! :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:37 PM

I have Talons on my spare wheels with spline drive spokes and excel rims. Perfection! :thumbsup:...Look at me, look at me, nyah, nyah, nyah, :p :bonk: :bonk:

Sure, rub it in why don't ya! I'd love to get some Talons, but alas, I haven't the dough to do it. When I can buy 4 or 5 OEM hubs for the price of one Talon, I just can't justify it. Question though, since the bike comes with Excels mated to the OEM hub, can I assume that an Excel purchased from an independent shop will be the same? I've seen various notices that say OEM spokes won't work, or that I'd have to drill the hub's spoke holes, etc. Do you have any clarifying experience regarding this topic, oh great Indy, King of all things WR :banana: :thumbsup: :eek: :bonk: :p :eek: :lol: ...SC

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 15, 2006 - 11:22 PM

Question though, since the bike comes with Excels mated to the OEM hub, can I assume that an Excel purchased from an independent shop will be the same? I've seen various notices that say OEM spokes won't work, or that I'd have to drill the hub's spoke holes, etc.

Steve, basically Excel sells two flavors of wheels for our bikes, they have the Pro series that uses the thicker HD Excel spokes with Spline drives and then they have an OE series (our bikes come with these) that uses stock spokes and nipples. There is no need to drill your OEM hubs if you want the Pro series wheels with HD spokes and splines, they fit, that's what I have. If you decide to buy hoops on ebay there's a good chance you won't get the wheel you wanted. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.