EPA: New Pollution Controls

8 replies to this topic
  • Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 21, 2001 - 10:35 AM

Here we go again guys.

" The EPA said it would regulate:

--Off-road motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles. The government hopes to encourage engine changes starting in 2006. In 2009, these vehicles would have to meet more stringent standards. Vehicles intended for use in competition would be exempt."

Read all about it.

I was hoping all this nonsense would go away with the last administration. Aren't WR intended for competition? Oh well… Red stickers for everyone! :)

• funktree

Posted September 21, 2001 - 01:24 PM

How much pollution could my bike possibly cause? I burn about 3 gallons of gas every weekend, no matter how bad my emissions are theres no way its even as bad as the hour drive in my truck to get to the riding area each way. I have no problem with them making engines run a little cleaner but knock off the red sticker nonsense.

• big_G

Posted September 21, 2001 - 01:32 PM

Guess we better get 'em to run on diesel #2, the EPA doesn't seem to mind that.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 21, 2001 - 01:39 PM

Just a thought-

Don't you think they should put a catalectic converter on the Space Shuttle before they start picking on us?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gtms34

Posted September 24, 2001 - 08:16 AM

We all know that Cat. Cnvtrs cause restriction. Our government would never self impose a restriction to a release of their hot air. :)

• Dan_from_HB

Posted October 02, 2001 - 10:52 AM

Ron, you have read my rantings on this subject. If we just keep in mind that a bureaucracy's first priority is self-preservation, it all makes sense.
Let's go riding this fall. Email me and we can exchange details. I'm out this weekend to ribbon and stake the TWMC Ghost Rider course. After Oct 21, it's back to trail riding and Club Enduros. Come on out! Santeedakota@earthlink.net

[This message has been edited by Dan from HB (edited October 02, 2001).]

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted October 02, 2001 - 02:39 PM

Your on Dan!

• slashman

Posted October 04, 2001 - 02:08 AM

if you guys head east i would like to meet with you and ride. i used to live in H.B.(grew up there) i now am in AZ. how about indio?!?!?!!!

not yz timmed yet
some mods

• Dan_from_HB

Posted October 04, 2001 - 02:18 PM

Never rode in Indio. What's it like? My stompin' grounds are in Lucerne, Cal City, Red Mtn/Trona, and Kennedy/Sequoia. Everywhere the club goes, plus a few of my own.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.