Would this work?

7 replies to this topic
  • Punisher660

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:20 PM

I know that these are typically used for ATV, but do you think they would work on a bike?

http://www.roxspeedf...i?subcat_id=268

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:27 PM

They probably would work...but they look stupid

• WR450Guy

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:50 PM

They probably would work...but they look stupid

Forget the looks, would you want to land a triple with those things on your bike? Even on an ATV the whole concept seems stupid. The handlebar's leverage factor could easily overcome the clamping force holding those things in position and cause the bars to rotate backwards or forwards upon landing. :thumbsup: From their website: "Caution: Rox Speed FX is not responsible for injury or death resulting from improper installation!" How about from normal use?

They might be OK to give a child's mini a little more room for growth, but I'd never use such a product on a full size bike or quad.

• Matty05

Posted February 14, 2006 - 11:14 PM

For that price, just buy a new set of higher bars!

It would be alright if they were one piece, but I certainly wouldn't put them on my bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:01 AM

I'm thinking that they would move on you, I think you'd be better off using bar risers and a different bar bend.. I'm sure they would work I'm just not too sure how well.. I wonder if your cables would be long enough. :thumbsup:

• Punisher660

Posted February 15, 2006 - 09:31 AM

It wouldn't be in place of higher bars - it would be in place of something like the AJ risers. But I guess they do have a tendancy to rotate more :thumbsup:

• TWILES

Posted February 15, 2006 - 10:58 AM

I still ride and used to race 4-wheelers. I'd be scared of them. I don't see how the handlebar clamp could hold those things tight enough. Check out one that is " one peice ". Parts Unlimited has them. I still don't like the idea of it. I want my bars mounted DIRECTLY to the stearing unit whether its a triple clamp or stearing stem. I landed a big double on my old LT500R and the stearing stem broke when I hit the ground at 45 mph. That was BAD. I don't want to bite the dust again over something like that.

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 15, 2006 - 12:50 PM

Forget the looks, would you want to land a triple with those things on your bike? Even on an ATV the whole concept seems stupid. The handlebar's leverage factor could easily overcome the clamping force holding those things in position and cause the bars to rotate backwards or forwards upon landing. :thumbsup: From their website: "Caution: Rox Speed FX is not responsible for injury or death resulting from improper installation!" How about from normal use?

They might be OK to give a child's mini a little more room for growth, but I'd never use such a product on a full size bike or quad.

I was going to say that but I didn't want to give a quad rider good advice :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.