sprocket advice

8 replies to this topic
  • allthrillzz400f

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:10 PM

i need some advice on new sprockets what brands the best what size is good for mostly riding at the dunes with paddle tire but still some good trail speed? :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:47 PM

I'd be glad to help, but instead of me checking your garage for verifying what bike you have, you could tell it in your post. I wouldn't mind also knowing what the stock sizes are and the sizes you are currently using.
Might give better responses to your post. :thumbsup:

• Fizz

Posted February 15, 2006 - 01:32 AM

and what is "best" for you is perhaps not best for someone else ...

an alu sprocket might be best for the one who thinks light weight is most important, but a stainless steel one might be best for the one who thinks a long lasting sprocket is the best ...

Titax has some steel rear sprockets who are supposed to be almost as light as an alu, but lasts almost as long as a stainless steel one .... thats what i will buy next time i buy a new rear sprocket ...

• jrcgaf364

Posted February 15, 2006 - 04:33 AM

i found that the sidewinder ti moly sprockets were pretty much bulletproof

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted February 15, 2006 - 04:57 AM

Consider me a big fan of Ironman, they even include a 1-year wear out warranty.

• DPW

Posted February 15, 2006 - 05:07 AM

Consider me a big fan of Ironman, they even include a 1-year wear out warranty.

Another vote for Ironman, good stuff.

• 642MX

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:10 AM

I just got a Primary Drive sprocket set and O-ring chain for $54 at Rocky Mountain MC. It looks like good quality stuff.

• Ga426owner

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:53 AM

Another vote for Ironman, good stuff.

a 3rd and final vote for Ironman....the only sprockets I will ever buy! :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:15 AM

Ironman is a great choice. They're stainless steel, so the material stays looking good, and they look trick the way they're cut. Weight isn't a big deal, since it's only about 6oz up on a Sunstar. Check them out Here

The only downside is that they are expensive, but they last a very long time, especially when paired with a good chain like a Regina ORN or ZRH that will resist stretching and wearing out the cog.

But, if you're still deciding what gear to run, you might be better off with JT's or Sunstars until you get it sorted out. If you want to run several different rear sprockets to set up for different tracks, you might once again choose aluminum so you can afford more than one. I run Tag rears, and the one I currently have is over a year old and doing fine. My next one will probably be an Ironman, though.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.