Kinda Weird

2 replies to this topic
  • Greg_C

Posted September 21, 2001 - 04:41 AM

I purchased my WR new almost two years ago paying in full by personal check. Yesterday I get a letter from my bank with the title for my bike! I had just assumed that being a dirt bike there is no title. On the back it shows my bank as the first lien holder even thou I paid cash. Did everyone else get a title? Oh it also has in big bold letters on the front not for street use.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • boxsterboy

Posted September 21, 2001 - 06:04 AM

I bought a 01 WR426 back in April. I paid cash. I got a title too, but I expected too. I have got titles here in TX for my other old dirt bike and 4 wheeler and jet skis too.

It too say for off road use only.

------------------
01 WR426 Uncorked.

• boxsterboy

Posted September 21, 2001 - 06:08 AM

oh ya, you should have got the title titled in your name not the banks if you paid cash. It sounds like a screw up. The bank had nothing to do with it. Maybe in your state it has to show a bank as the fisrt lien. I don't know why though. Maybe so the dealer deosnt have to do the paperwork for the title. Just a theroy.

------------------
01 WR426 Uncorked.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.