Clutch lever switch question????

5 replies to this topic
  • cgrlvr35

Posted February 14, 2006 - 05:08 PM

Question. On an 05 WR450. There is a cord trhat goes from the clutch lever down behind the head light. The plug sits on the far left along with the other plug in's. I cant find it in my manual. What happens if I take this off. Im putting on ASV lever,perch and hot start. Lert me know.

• flatnacker

Posted February 14, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Its so you can start the engine in gear by pulling in the clutch-if you pull it off you will have to splice the wires together.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 14, 2006 - 08:20 PM

You will more than likely need to get the WR model specific ASV lever. I did on my 04. Its odd, you can put a WR lever on a YZ, but not the other way around. The WR lever is actually a different shape.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cgrlvr35

Posted February 15, 2006 - 09:31 AM

So I can splice the nuetral switch together. I just let it hang. I heard there is another way to bypass the switch and fuse it with another in the electrical part.????

Posted February 15, 2006 - 01:24 PM

My switch went bad, (must have shorted), and I found out the hardway that a WR450 will start in gear......... :thumbsup:

Took about an hour to get my bike back up on that trail, leaking radiator and all :thumbsup:

Posted February 15, 2006 - 01:47 PM

The WR clutch perch is longer from the end of the cable to the attachment point on the lever. If you put a YZ style clutch perch on you will find the cable is almost too long and you will have to run the adjusters (both on the cable and on the perch) way out to get the right amount of free play. I don't know if the YZ cable will work but that may be an alternative.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.