ATK fuel injection

29 replies to this topic
  • dbailey223

Posted February 14, 2006 - 04:31 PM

Doing a little surfing, and I come across the ATK high performance 4 stroke dirt bike made in Utah. Turns out it has fuel injection and "on the fly map select". http://www.atkusa.com/Products.aspx

Anybody have any experience with these bikes? Know if they have their fuel injection bugs, if any, worked out?

• mmello

Posted February 14, 2006 - 04:42 PM

Doing a little surfing, and I come across the ATK high performance 4 stroke dirt bike made in Utah. Turns out it has fuel injection and "on the fly map select". http://www.atkusa.com/Products.aspx

Anybody have any experience with these bikes? Know if they have their fuel injection bugs, if any, worked out?

just cool bikes

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 14, 2006 - 04:44 PM

ATK claims they've fixed all the "bugs" in the Cannondale. I'm sure they're nice bikes.......

• fish525

Posted February 14, 2006 - 05:09 PM

Dam thats a nice looking bike

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:32 PM

Others may disagree but that is one gay looking bike

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:04 AM

Others may disagree but that is one gay looking bike

What do you mean? It's no TTR250 but they look nice to me. :thumbsup:

• mmello

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:04 AM

YEP !!!
TOP IS TOP !
VERY COOL BIKE.

• dbailey223

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:42 AM

I was thinking that if they have worked out the fuel injection issues, that would put to rest a lot of the debate here about it taking a while after introduction for Yamaha to do the same. It can be done! Maybe a little legal industrial espionage by Yamaha could quicken up the process!

• Matty05

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:02 AM

You guy's don't have much to do with GasGas and Sherco. That is a shame because both of these bikes work extremely well.

So does the fuel injection on the yamaha raptor I might add, no James Bond stuff necessary!

• jwriott

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:03 AM

LMFAO!!! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chas_M

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:19 AM

Remember also that ATK was successfully running fuel injection on their Rotax engines back in the early 90's.

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 15, 2006 - 01:30 PM

I never said the TT-R 250 would win any beauty pagents...infact the only reason why I own one is because they are cheap and green sticker legal. I still think that ATK looks gay. I would definetly take a WR 450f, KTM 450exc or Husky TE 450 over the ATK

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 15, 2006 - 01:31 PM

Does Ohlins POS Shock stand for piece of shit shock?

• Bamster

Posted February 15, 2006 - 02:16 PM

The couch is a happy place
2004 TT-R 250 is a piece of crap

fixed

• slief

Posted February 15, 2006 - 02:18 PM

Holy cow.. Did you see the ATK 700cc 2 stroke?? That thing must be out of control! Makes we want to get a quad just to put a 700cc 2 stroke motor in! :thumbsup:

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 15, 2006 - 02:28 PM

"2004 TT-R 250 is a piece of crap"

fixed

Im not complaining. The bike has been very reliable :thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 15, 2006 - 03:03 PM

So that is the old Cannondale? Or the Cannondale was originally an ATK?

Either way they look like cool bikes. What's the sticker price?

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 15, 2006 - 03:08 PM

So that is the old Cannondale? Or the Cannondale was originally an ATK?

Either way they look like cool bikes. What's the sticker price?

Never mind $7,800 for enduro model......... I see no lights or mention of wiring

And that 700cc two stroke looks like it would be fun to try...... on an airport runway :thumbsup:

• dbailey223

Posted February 15, 2006 - 03:11 PM

I wouldn't get it to dual sport it, so lights wouldn't be an issue. It looks cool to me. And, weren't people saying Yamaha would jack up its price $1,000 when they eventually come out with fuel injection? So, the price seems comparable.

• Matty05

Posted February 15, 2006 - 05:29 PM

I wouldn't get it to dual sport it, so lights wouldn't be an issue. It looks cool to me. And, weren't people saying Yamaha would jack up its price $1,000 when they eventually come out with fuel injection? So, the price seems comparable.

Garenteed they wont jack up the price $1000. Did the raptor jump up in price $1000? No. It got a new engine, new frame, FI too.

I got $7895rrp for the ATK offroad version. They do look good, but an Aprilia looks way better. They are FI'ed too!

Price is definately not comparable, neither is the bikes IMO..........
Cannondale were the biggest lemons in dirtbike history. Just have to wait and see with ATK.

The dual sport model come with a headlight and stuff, they have a supermoto version too.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.