Moron Dealers

10 replies to this topic
  • Dougie

Posted September 21, 2001 - 04:19 AM

So I called two dealers on those E series needles and neither one of them carries them in stock. Then both dealers ask me why I need them. I say I want to dial in my carb. They say, "well you don't want E series needles. Besides I'd have to order them for $35 a piece". They tell me to leave the D series needle in and just change out the main and pilot jets as needed. I tell them that I have trusted advice from those who have extensive knowledge and testing. They say they have trusted advice in their service departments. I say exactly, I will go with the E series. But not at $35 a piece. Does anyone know where I can order these needles? I looked on Ronnie's site and they go for about $10 but he does not show the EKQ (thanks Jason) needle.

[This message has been edited by Dougie (edited September 21, 2001).]

• Jason_Williams

Posted September 21, 2001 - 04:46 AM

Do you mean an EKQ? An EKG would be really rich on the Diameter!! If they even make it. Try Sudco 1 800 998 3529 tell them you need that needle for an FCR carb.
good luck :)
PN for EKQ should be 5JG 14916 E1 This was found on a carb site. It says it is an EVQ but it should be an EKQ This is a Yamaha number for the dealer try that and see.
Hick might be able to help out with the PN on the Yz side. He runs this needle.
Jason

[This message has been edited by Jason Williams (edited September 21, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jason Williams (edited September 21, 2001).]

• mcarp

Posted September 21, 2001 - 05:39 AM

I feel your pain, Dougie. I just took my bike to the dealer for a valve adjustment (first time ever going to a dealer for work like this, so I'm nervous--right?

So I walked up the counter and said I'm dropping off my WR400 for a valve adjustment, and to leave the YZ timing specs intact. The voice behind the counter responds, "Is that a quad?". :) :ekk: :D

Please pray for my bike today as it gets wrenched on. This dealer is one of the better ones I've dealt with, and hope this guy was the exception!

• npuzajr

Posted September 21, 2001 - 05:55 AM

When I first got my bike and before I found TT I was having a hard time getting it jetted so I took it to a local dealer. They said they would jet it. He wanted me to start it so he could hear the stumble off idle so I started it up. After letting it run for a few minutes and showing him the stumble I killed it. He asked is this a 250 or a 125.... I almost **** my pants. I loaded it back up and went home. Oh by the way this was the head technician.
good luck
Nick

• John_in_Long_Beach

Posted September 21, 2001 - 08:34 AM

Is this a 250 or a 125. Now that's a good one!!!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRFUN

Posted September 21, 2001 - 10:54 AM

Dougie,

I just picked up my EKN needle from my dealer, which they also had to order and I only paid $11.95. I also feel your pain with the quality of mechanics that are out there. I plan on doing the YZ timing mod myself. No confidence in them !!!! :)

Good luck

Pete

• Scott_in_KC

Posted September 21, 2001 - 11:51 AM

"He asked is this a 250 or a 125.... I almost **** my pants. "

Dude, that is hilarious! Sad, but hilarious. When I bought my WR a week ago, the parts guys there were completely clueless. I just wanted an extra oil filter for a bike I just bought off their floor. You would have thought I was asking to explain the internal combustion engine. Then ALL the parts guys lay the "hope you're not putting synthetic in there" line of BS. (which I'm not to break it in but will be going to) Glad we have the internet to avoid these bozo's. But as mentioned above you can't even order a part without them wanting to know why and then giving their theory on the situation, taking a break every couple of sentances to spit in a cup .

"Is that a quad"...that's classic too. Yep, sure is, that's all they make these days. Good thing because goons like you can actually get their helmetless, shirtless body on a motorized vehicle every few months to keep in touch with the customer base.

• big_G

Posted September 21, 2001 - 01:39 PM

Since this topic fits my experience, I'll plant it right here.

ATTENTION: The folks at Corona Yamaha are a bunch of CROOKS (that means you Curt and your crooked sales dept.). The ones that aren't crooks are retards. If you make a "deal" with them, don't expect it to stick. You've been warned.

With apologies to the mentally challenged of the world.

• Bill

Posted September 21, 2001 - 03:10 PM

1- This is the reason TT was created by Bryan Hulse

2- When I bought my bike it took two salesman and two mechanics to finally get it started. All of them were sweating like pigs.

3- My dealer told me (several months ago) that the piolt jet was $35 and had to be paid up front. I questioned the price and he said it included the spring and clip.....HUH :)

4- Went back yesterday and asked for a rear fender for a 400F (should have told him YZ). "What brand of bike is that", he asked, being a total jerk about it. I told him a "Yamaha YZ400F...sorry, I should have been more clear". It was $35 so I asked for an a-sir-bis, he in a smart @$$ed tone, "don't carry those but, we have a-chair-bis. Whatever pal :D Man, I always say I'll never go back.

5- This is why Bryan Hulse created this site.

flame off.....

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• Butta

Posted September 21, 2001 - 04:08 PM

I have had a similar experience since moving to Florida. I was soooo spoiled having lived in San Diego where I had the likes of Baja Designs and Motoworld of El Cajon just a 20 minute drive away... anyway, my back tire was in desperate need of replacement. I went to a Honda shop here in Jax, and they wanted something like $80 just for a Dunlop 752, and then they wanted $35 for install!!! They wouldn't accept the rear wheel alone, they needed to have the entire bike in the shop, said it was for "liability reasons". I went to another shop...a Suzuki shop, but it sold dirt bikes, so I figure what the heck a tire is a tire. I talk to the first guy behind the counter. "Hi, I'm looking for a rear tire for my WR 400." I ask. He says "what size tire does it require?" Somewhat of an intelligent question, so I was intrigued. "110/100-18" I reply. He gets a strange look on his face. "What was that for, again?" I say, "A 1998 WR400." He musters as much pride in his professional knowledge as he could possibly find and quite embarrassingly asks, "Who makes that?"

I looked at him, laughing my ass off, and said "You gotta be fist-$&*#ing me!!" and left the store.

Just because you live in the south, doesn't mean you have to act like it....

------------------
'98 WR400, S-3B Viking

• xr600r

Posted September 22, 2001 - 06:26 PM

my buddy went in to the local dealer to
by a spark plug for his wifes honda ex300
the parts dude asked if it was a bike or a
quad . i always get pissed when i go in
a dealership and know more about the products
they sell , than they do .

------------------

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.