Throttle/Cable Lube Home Remedies

6 replies to this topic
  • bwalky

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:25 AM

Anyone have any tips for a relative newby on how to lubricate my choke cable on my 650L? It is very hard to pull. My throttle is also sticking somewhat. Any suggestions?

• vorra65

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:36 AM

Anyone have any tips for a relative newby on how to lubricate my choke cable on my 650L? It is very hard to pull. My throttle is also sticking somewhat. Any suggestions?

You can take the cable off-then stand it in an upright position. Make a funnel fashioned from tin foil to fit the ferrule at the end of the cable assy.You can add lube till it runs out the other end of the cable. I'm sure with a little searchin here at TT someone has done a "how to".

• bork

Posted February 16, 2006 - 05:56 AM

Instead of alum foil , cut very small corner off baggie, feed cable thru, & tie wire or other to stop leakage, and hang with some oil to seep thru. I personally used the hypadermic needle from vet & worked great !( get small needle to get inbetween cable housing & cable. Also you can leave cable in bike when doing,(disconnecting top mount) just make sure cable has down-hill slope & something to sop up oil coming out bottom end. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted February 16, 2006 - 06:04 AM

Make sure your throttle cable isn't sticking gecause you have the throttle tube on the handlebar to far.Some time they rub so you need to back it off alittle .Happen's when people change grips and or bars.

• ghoti

Posted February 16, 2006 - 07:40 AM

Get a cable luber, they're $15.00. They clamp onto the cable and you spray lubricant into the cable.

• roadcam

Posted February 16, 2006 - 08:07 AM

Get a cable luber, they're $15.00. They clamp onto the cable and you spray lubricant into the cable.

I know this sounds dumb, but I have one of those cable lubers, ... I clamp it on the cable, no problem ... but, .. where does the spray tube go ? ... mine seems to be missing something .. ? :thumbsup:

• ghoti

Posted February 16, 2006 - 08:59 AM

I know this sounds dumb, but I have one of those cable lubers, ... I clamp it on the cable, no problem ... but, .. where does the spray tube go ? ... mine seems to be missing something .. ? :thumbsup:

There should be a grommeted hole in the side, near the cable end of the clamp.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.