FMF header/ P.C. Muffler on 04XR650 ?

2 replies to this topic
  • beamer

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:29 PM

Does anyone know if a Pro Circuit Muffler will match up with an FMF power-bomb header on my 04 XR650? I have the Pro Circuit muffler already and can get a really good deal on the FMF header but can't return it once I buy it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2000 xr650r

Posted February 13, 2006 - 03:42 PM

This exactly what i want to do. Buy the T4 can and run the fmf header. If your talkin t4 it bolts to the stock header and i belive the fmf would bolt right to a pc t4. Not 100%sure. 90% sure.
This is much cheaper. P.C. T4 $330+ fmf $180= $510 and a full pro cuircuit=$640

• bajarider1

Posted February 14, 2006 - 06:48 AM

Be careful which PC silencer you have. PC makes two different ones with different IDs. One for slip on purposes and one for a complete exhaust system.

I used to have one which came from the complete exhaust set up(bought the silencer on ebay) and when I went to use it with the stock header, it did not fit. The silencer ID was too big for the OD of the stock header. I tried to make a gasket but it leaked. So I went to PC and bought the right header and it worked great from there out. PC's header has a larger ID than the stock header to increase flow and top end.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.