My 426... it's gone... :(

21 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:19 PM

Friday night was a sad, sad night for me... I watched some guy drive away with my 426 on his trailer after trading the bike for a snowmobile for my wife (99 RMK 700 for anyone who's interested). I'm really going to miss that bike, it was a great scooter.

However, there is good news... as soon as the TT-R sells, there will be an 06 YZ 450F in my garage! That was my condition for trading the 426... I get a new bike to replace it. This just might make not having the 426 around worth it :thumbsup: Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine... as soon as I get my grimy hands on that new bike!

• Reyndogg

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:24 PM

i really dont think you'll miss it :thumbsup:

• yz_for_me

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:31 PM

So does this mean your gonna have to change your handle to "cowboyona450" ? :thumbsup: Congrats you on your (hopefully soon) new ride.

• NYMXer

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:37 PM

hey Cowboyona426, send me a PM if you want a great deal on a new YZ450F or any Yamaha from the shop I race out of. New and shipped to your door. What you save in tax helps offset any shipping so you really save some $$$. I can usually get you a new bike shipped for less than just the bike anywhere else!

• cowboyona426

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:40 PM

i really dont think you'll miss it :thumbsup:

I will miss it, at least until I get the new 450 home :thumbsup:

NYMXer, I contacted your boy and he never got back to me. Trouble is, in ID you have to pay sales tax on an off-road vehicle no matter what, there's no dodging the tax because it won't be used on the street. So I won't actually save any $ unless I got a really ultra screaming deal on the new bike. TT's price on the 06 after shipping and tax is more than I would pay at my local dealer, so my money is going to my local guy.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:42 PM

So does this mean your gonna have to change your handle to "cowboyona450" ? :thumbsup: Congrats you on your (hopefully soon) new ride.

Nah, cowboyona426 is a legend on this site :thumbsup:, I can't go and confuse everybody by changing my name :bonk:

• SureBlue

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:54 PM

Sad and/but good news. Hope you get to sell the TTR soon and get a good deal on the new 450.

• RAMARION

Posted February 13, 2006 - 07:33 PM

congrats.........getting closer to the DREAM Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

• 426boy

Posted February 13, 2006 - 07:50 PM

sory to hear about ur loss hopefully u can get ur new bike soon good luck

• fastbyfrank

Posted February 13, 2006 - 08:20 PM

i was also sad the day i shipped my 426 off on the back of a truck,(sold to a buddy in utah)
my 04 450 soon made me forget about my 426 :thumbsup:
congrats and i hope you enjoy your new bike!!!! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IHScoutII

Posted February 13, 2006 - 08:23 PM

Friday night was a sad, sad night for me... I watched some guy drive away with my 426 on his trailer after trading the bike for a snowmobile for my wife (99 RMK 700 for anyone who's interested). I'm really going to miss that bike, it was a great scooter.

However, there is good news... as soon as the TT-R sells, there will be an 06 YZ 450F in my garage! That was my condition for trading the 426... I get a new bike to replace it. This just might make not having the 426 around worth it :thumbsup: Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine... as soon as I get my grimy hands on that new bike!

Glad I could be of service, now, how did you like the sled?

• cowboyona426

Posted February 13, 2006 - 10:51 PM

Sled ran good, and did a much better job of dodging trees than mine did!!! :thumbsup:

• IHScoutII

Posted February 14, 2006 - 06:22 AM

Ouch, did ya get any pictures?

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:54 AM

... as soon as the TT-R sells, there will be an 06 YZ 450F in my garage! That was my condition for trading the 426... I get a new bike to replace it.

I knew you'd think of something. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But take my advice. At some point in your MC life, pick out a bike that was a standout favorite and find a way to keep it. I know it's easier to say than do, 'cause most of us have to start cheap and trade up as we go, but at this point in time, there are one or two of my old beasties I really wish I had in the garage today. Know what I mean?

• yzfmxer

Posted February 14, 2006 - 09:38 AM

I know what you mean, the depercation i took on my 426 sucked!!
I wish i would have kept it!! it would have been worth it............thinking back on that bike it was a beast and would love to have it for somthing if not just for show and tell???

• TimFurryBalls

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:02 AM

It's about damn time you got rid of that SLUG! :thumbsup: The new 450's gonna make you crap your pants compared to the old 4-2-6. :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2006 - 10:51 AM

It's not so much about which one's faster or otherwise better, because nothing I ever owned could come close to actually replacing what I have now. But all the same, I do wish I still had my old BSA B50MX, or the G80 Matchless, or one of the Goldstars. :wistful:

• cowboyona426

Posted February 15, 2006 - 08:57 AM

I knew you'd think of something. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But take my advice. At some point in your MC life, pick out a bike that was a standout favorite and find a way to keep it. I know it's easier to say than do, 'cause most of us have to start cheap and trade up as we go, but at this point in time, there are one or two of my old beasties I really wish I had in the garage today. Know what I mean?

I do know what you mean grayracer, I wish I still had the bike I sold to get my 426, and I really wish I could have kept the 426 but sometimes you just gotta move on.

IHScout- nope, no pics, but the carnage really wasn't too bad, mostly a broken bumper and bent radius rod. The hood popped off and didn't get a sratch :bonk:

• PK

Posted February 15, 2006 - 02:09 PM

What you don't remember about the old bikes are how heavy they were, how it handled like a barge or how the suspension would crack your back more than your chiropractor. My wife is sentimental when it comes to her bikes but once she gets her new one and I ask her if she wants her old one back instead, the answer is no. Whenever you put alot of work in to something, it's sad to see it leave but once you get the 06' you'll realize your 426 was a barge that had a hard time turning and your back will feel better. The day I sell my 03 450 I may have a brief moment where I say to myself, "What a great bike that was", since it never so much as backfired since I've owned it. Then I'll turn around and jump on the 06' and start all over again.
That was a pretty darn good trade you got for the bike, what does a snowmobile like that go for $wise? Here in Texas, if you get $2000 for a 426, you have done very well.

• kid on a 426

Posted February 15, 2006 - 06:00 PM

well i kinda know what you mean i just bought a 200 yz426 yesterday and it was the happiest day of my life so far

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.