wr450 vs 05z400 with some mods

10 replies to this topic
  • z400boy5

Posted February 13, 2006 - 12:43 PM

my one friend just got a wr450 My z has a full alba pipe jetted 13 tooth sproket and K&n air filter. how bad will he kill me in a short drag

• clark4131

Posted February 13, 2006 - 12:45 PM

Go ask Marcus Moberg...SC

• Yamaster

Posted February 13, 2006 - 01:01 PM

my one friend just got a wr450 My z has a full alba pipe jetted 13 tooth sproket and K&n air filter. how bad will he kill me in a short drag

I have a wr450 that is stock and a really trick kfx with a full yosh pipe, keihn 40mm carb, cams, and an airbox eliminator kit, with the stock gearing. In a short drag I think you can pull or at least keep up with the 450, but in a long drag I think you would lose.

• JSanfilippo

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:31 PM

Assuming the WR 450f is off the showroom floor bone stock, you will wipe the floor with it. If the WR 450f is jetted, uncorked, has a YZ throttle stop, and the AIS block off kit it won't even be close...you'll lose

• z400boy5

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:34 PM

yes it is bone stock off the floor no mods at all. I am just hoping that he does not kill me. Cause he loves to run his mouth. sometimes I just want to :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted February 13, 2006 - 02:57 PM

If he doesn't change at least change the throttle stop screw or cut it down, then he has no shot in hell

• Matty05

Posted February 13, 2006 - 06:03 PM

Stock wr's are weak, very weak. You will own him........ at least for now!

• z400boy5

Posted February 13, 2006 - 07:07 PM

that is surprising. I never thought I would be able to keep up led alone win the race. Now I don't have to lisen to him :thumbsup:

• JCORMI

Posted February 14, 2006 - 07:22 AM

Like everyone is saying, bone stock you will take him, but once he spends about two hours working on his he is gonna rip you up. Kick his ass while you still have the chance. :thumbsup:

• Punisher660

Posted February 14, 2006 - 08:27 AM

Like everyone is saying, bone stock you will take him, but once he spends about two hours working on his he is gonna rip you up. Kick his ass while you still have the chance. :thumbsup:

Yep, get video, whitnesses.=, and photos - win the race and vow never to race him again :thumbsup:
After he reads the forum and mods the bike, your done for. Even a tricked YFZ wont hang with the bikes (well won't beat them anyway)

• z400boy5

Posted February 14, 2006 - 12:24 PM

ya I kinda figured with small mods he will destroy me. but owell atleast I can say I payed for my whole bike and alll the parts that are on it. He just gets crap handed to him.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.