Scotts stearing dampner questions

6 replies to this topic
  • Tucker99

Posted February 13, 2006 - 10:54 AM

Hello TT'ers,
Re: 2004 WR450.
I bought the complete deal, dampner, scotts upper triple clamp, rubber bar mounts, and protapers. Problem is the protapers are so fat at the bar mounts they restrict access to the fork rebound adjustments. What are the rest of you guys doing about that?

Thanks!

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 13, 2006 - 12:35 PM

I have the same set up and there is no way to get to the adjustor without raising the bars off the clamps or lowering the forks in the tubes. Once you get you suspension dialed in it you wont need to adjust it. :thumbsup:

• GCannon

Posted February 13, 2006 - 03:22 PM

I dialed mine in first. try race tech for fork adjuster dials that mount to the top of the fork cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted February 14, 2006 - 08:10 AM

It's a real tight fit...

• Punisher660

Posted February 14, 2006 - 08:23 AM

I have the same set up and there is no way to get to the adjustor without raising the bars off the clamps or lowering the forks in the tubes. Once you get you suspension dialed in it you wont need to adjust it. :thumbsup:

You mean you don't adjust it for different track/trail conditions?

• Tucker99

Posted February 14, 2006 - 02:48 PM

Can't set and forget. On the East Coast we go from rocks and crap in the PA mountains to sand and whoops in the Jersey pines. Adjusters from Race Tech eh? I'll give 'em a try.

Thanks Gents!

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 14, 2006 - 03:54 PM

I got my KTM 525 for high speed desert and sand! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.