Mikuni Flatslide T38

5 replies to this topic
  • Wheels up

Posted February 13, 2006 - 07:38 AM

I just recieved a used t38 mikuni. I am not sure if this is the right carb for a 650 L model. XR's only says there's is a t41.

Did i get ripped?

• ewbish

Posted February 13, 2006 - 08:35 AM

I just recieved a used t38 mikuni. I am not sure if this is the right carb for a 650 L model. XR's only says there's is a t41.

Did i get ripped?

T38 is what I'm running in my '00 650L. I cannot remember the jetting-sorry, but it dropped right in and is a major improvement over the CV carb. You'll need a different throttle assembly, single cable instead of push pull.

• Wheels up

Posted February 13, 2006 - 10:27 AM

T38 is what I'm running in my '00 650L. I cannot remember the jetting-sorry, but it dropped right in and is a major improvement over the CV carb. You'll need a different throttle assembly, single cable instead of push pull.

Ok but I do not know which cable to get???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ewbish

Posted February 13, 2006 - 11:52 AM

If you didn't get it with a cable, you get to play "The Cable Game". This means taking your new T38 and your old CV throttle cable to the dealer. Hopefully, your dealer will have a wide assortment of throttle cables. You need to find one with the carb end that fits the T38, and is as close as possible in length to the original CV cable. The CV cable hooked up lower, so you need to take into acount that the T38 carb cable can be about 1in shorter than the original. A couple inches too long is OK as well. When you find a cable that will work, you'll have to order a throttle assembly that uses that type of cable end. The throttle assembly I'm using is a TCI, but it looks interchangeable with my daughter's CR125 throttle, so that may be a cheaper way to go.

• EMathy

Posted February 13, 2006 - 12:03 PM

Ok but I do not know which cable to get???

You could try calling Sudco. They sell a gazillion carbs and pre-made carb kits for various motorcycles.

www.sudco.com

• Wheels up

Posted February 13, 2006 - 01:54 PM

Ya i emailed them. They seem to be THE mikuni spot. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help fellas.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.