Paddle tire on xr650r?

7 replies to this topic
  • Modsport02

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:38 PM

About to take my 01' xr650r to glamis for pres. weekend and was wondering if im gonna run into any clearance problems running a paddle tire? also what cup paddle would you recomend?

• XR/CRDave

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:31 PM

I will be there too this weekend w/ my 650, look for a 650 w/ a 8 inch dia. light on it for night rides. I run an 8 cup and it clears with no problem. A big paddle may hit though as its kinda tight. Just trim or remove mud flap or it will be gone.

• Modsport02

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:42 PM

Alright rad, yeah this weekends gonna be soo fun. keep a look out for me too, just look out for a kid with alot of tattoos and a 650r with a huge 5 gallon clear tank, haha!!

• Docmarkw

Posted February 12, 2006 - 09:07 PM

What no piercings? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Modsport02

Posted February 13, 2006 - 08:19 AM

What no piercings? :thumbsup:

Ill leave that to your imagination :thumbsup:

• Chad-XR650R

Posted February 16, 2006 - 12:57 PM

Looks like I'm headed to Glamis this weekend. Getting a paddle tire today and trying dune riding for the first time on my XR650R.

Shop I got the tire at said to go with the 8 cup and an extended chain. My stock chain is in real good shape still so I imagine he knows best eh?

• Chad-XR650R

Posted February 17, 2006 - 11:52 AM

Well with the tire mounted and the rock/mud guard removed it fits fine using the stock chain.

I got an 8 cup chin-shin (sp?). Hear it's not so hot of a tire but it's my first dune trip so we'll see how it goes.

• blvd619

Posted February 17, 2006 - 01:04 PM

I have been riding out there for a couple of decades on lots of different bikes. Currently on a 650r race bike mainly. I found that it pulls better with the same tall desert gearing (15/48) and a 6 cup than dropping the gears a bit and going with a 8 or 10 cup. The longer chain is a good idea, some extra clearance is not a bad thing, you may need it.
Don't let off the gas too often otherwise that pig is going to want to nap in the sand!

650r, uncorked, PC jetting, air box mod, cam, full exh, upper/lower applied clamps, scotts dampner, pro tapers, sdg, 3.2 natural tank, PC springs and valving, x-ring chain, excels with hex hubs, rekluse w/over ride, etc, etc..

Have fun and watch out for drunk guys with 600hp long travel 4-seaters!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.