Header or not?????

2 replies to this topic
  • gdaddy05

Posted February 12, 2006 - 11:12 AM

I am somewhat new to this, and therefore will be asking some questions. I have a 92 XR600r, mostly stock, with an aftermarket pipe on it. I was wondering what I would gain if I put a header on it?and if i did would I have to re-jet? What other type of mods might be sugested. For now I am 80% on and 20% off road, with hopes of changing that. I have never riddin a bike this big, but am starting to feel comfortable with it. I am not scared to give her some more horses if it is feasable....some things I was questioning: KN air filter, white brothers 2 header,Better spark plug,What is a good plug? I would greatly appreciate your advice.....Thanks!! My after market pipe is a cobra 4 stroke, and was on the bike when I bought it....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted February 12, 2006 - 02:21 PM

Header is going to give you more wide open throttle. In my case I like it for the road.

• 2000 xr650r

Posted February 12, 2006 - 02:44 PM

For you 80% on road get a high-flow header and re jet. I bought my 650r and it had a k&n filtler and it is terrible. When i took it out there was some fine dirt in the airbox. They are no good off-road but it may work for you. If anyone wants a k&n cheap for a xr650r pm me. ALso i would need the stock set up then if i sell it.

I am upgrading my junk fmf powercore Iv to a pro curcuit T4 can. Also a speed secret I am going to do is send my header to www.jet-hot.com for a ceramic coating inside and out. Looks sweet and lowers temp a lot. A great Power increase is not expected. Check it out.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.