Dumb question regarding Renthal "Soft" Grips

7 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:07 AM

Sorry for a dumb question, Hey I have a set of these.....I usually do not use soft compound grips...(Medium/Firm can use petrol products)
For the "Soft" compound grips Renthal recommends using only their grip glue. No contact cleaner petrol products etc.....
What other glue or products will be ok to install these Soft grips w/o them melting away from a chemical reaction?
Will Hairspray work?

thanks folks.... :thumbsup:

• cubera

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:10 AM

I use Scott's Grip Glue on the Renthal grips and have no problems. HTH

• CRFThumper

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:16 AM

Sorry for a dumb question, Hey I have a set of these.....I usually do not use soft compound grips...(Medium/Firm can use petrol products)
For the "Soft" compound grips Renthal recommends using only their grip glue. No contact cleaner petrol products etc.....
What other glue or products will be ok to install these Soft grips w/o them melting away from a chemical reaction?
Will Hairspray work?

thanks folks.... :thumbsup:

paint,hairspray,pvc glue it will all work fine.

• aedwards07

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:22 AM

I have always used clear krylon spray paint on all my Renthal soft compund grips.Or any grips for that matter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hoz88

Posted February 12, 2006 - 10:10 AM

The big problem with hairspray is that being water soluable, if the grips get any water under them, the grips will loosten up. Experience talking! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted February 12, 2006 - 10:37 AM

I have always used clear krylon spray paint on all my Renthal soft compund grips.Or any grips for that matter.

good tip - I will try this

• Jeff_Ashe

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:01 PM

3M Plastic and Emblem Adhesive from auto paint supplier (NAPA). Sticks!

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:40 PM

My last set I used crazy glue. Stuck on there good. Beware, mixing crazy glue and the air hose can make a hell of a mess (don't ask). BUT it stuck on there good!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.