Free Mods

6 replies to this topic
  • backwheelbandit

Posted February 11, 2006 - 10:32 PM

I am a new owner of a WR426 01 from a YZ250 and was reading about these free mods...
I am going to do the airbox lid, YZ throttle stop and was also thinking of the YZ cam and auto-decomp?? NOT the grey wire...will this matter???
Also how much is the yz cam and auto-decomp where from in Aus can i get my hands on one and does anything else need to be done 2 the bike if i decided to do it???
AND the obviouse questions is; is it worth the money?
The bike already has a full Pro-circuit exhust
Any help much appreciated :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :bonk:

• WR_Dave

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:33 AM

If money is a problem then just change the exhaust cam 1 tooth and you now have YZ timing. DO, do the grey wire. Auto decomp is a different cam altogether. Check www.thumperfaq.com for the WR - YZ cam mod and the grey and Blue wire mods. The mods are the same for the 250 and the 426. Free is always better. WR Dave.

• Matty05

Posted February 12, 2006 - 02:07 PM

The YZ cams seem to be about $200 here in Aust.

Upgrading to the autodecomp is worth it, the starting ritual on the 426 is a pain in the ass. The 450, you just have to kick, that is all. Even if there was no power gain, it is a blessing.

With the grey wire, just pull it out of the harness to try it out. If you don't like it, put it back in.

May as well try the YZ cam timing first, before buying an autodecomp cam. It would be a good time to replace the cam chain as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle250

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:10 PM

I was very impressed with performance after i did the gray wire mod. It was a small difference, but still a noticible difference. I would recommend it to any WR owner, its free, and faster.

• backwheelbandit

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:20 PM

oh ok thanks for that boys... i might do that grey wire mod and YZ throttle stop......So.... if i wanted the auto-decomp and the YZ cam (timing) then i would buy a 03 YZF Cam??

"If you want auto-compression release AND YZF timing, you need a '03 YZF cam" ThumperFaq
Is this true and do i need to muck around with anything else after these mods have been done like jetting ect???
Also how much for a )# YZF cam??
Sorry for the newby questions 2 Strokes are soo much easier!!
:bonk: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• backwheelbandit

Posted February 12, 2006 - 06:42 PM

has any1 got a 42601 with a wr03 cam in it??? Hows it run??? any problems or other modifications neede to be done??

• HamBonE_23

Posted February 16, 2006 - 08:11 AM

I did some research and did a few mods to my 01 426. You can see them in my garage. PM me if you have any questions or if i can help. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.