Praise For Edelbrock

4 replies to this topic
  • TreyP

Posted February 11, 2006 - 10:15 PM

I have a XR650R with one of the first Edelbrock Quiksilver carbs on it. It's about 5 years old and has performed flawlessly. While at the KTM Tech Day in San Diego I noticed that the accelerator pump was broken. No idea how it broke or how long it was broken. The bike would start after one kick everytime and had acted as usual.

So I call Edelbrock to get a replacement and tell the tech that it is broke. He tells me that it is $33.95 for a new part. Then says wait, you said it broke?,Yes is the answer. He says send it in and I will warranty it. After 5 years!
I sent it in and 3 days later got it in the mail. I have to say this is customer service. I was so impressed. Almost as much as I am with the way this carb works.
Just thought I'd pass this on. If you are thinking of updateing the carb(a must IMHO) on a XR650R go and check out the Edelbrock you won't be disappointed.

• frankstr

Posted February 11, 2006 - 11:16 PM

Thats good to hear...great customer service... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bork

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:53 AM

I had same experiance. My pump needle stuck & they sent me a new free needle quickly . My carb is pretty old too! :thumbsup:

• desmo900

Posted February 12, 2006 - 12:05 PM

I crashed my bike into a big scrub oak and a limb managed to get under my Clarke tank to bend the pump shaft. Edelbrock sent me a new pump assy. and a new pump needle in 2 days... My carb was only a week old, but thats great service.
Mine ran ok without the pump as well, started fine too.. just no giddy-yap when you snap the throttle.
Forget the E-start conversion, just get a Q-Silver, 1-2 kick starts everytime.

• TreyP

Posted February 12, 2006 - 02:05 PM

Yeah I was amazed that the bike still kicked over after 1 kick. I too noticed the throttle wasn't as snappy, but passed it off as cold.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.