Maier Mx rear fender for XR600/650L

6 replies to this topic
  • Fio

Posted February 11, 2006 - 09:42 PM

Has anybody installed a Maier MX rear fender on their 600R or 650L? This is the motocross or MX fender not the standard one, I would like to know what it looks like? Is it similar to a CR/CRF fender? If possible a picture of a XR with this fender would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

• johnnyonthegas

Posted February 11, 2006 - 11:12 PM

my 99 L had one on it when I bought it....looks great and looks like a very easy install.......will try to take some pics for you soon :thumbsup:

• supaflyryan

Posted February 12, 2006 - 02:02 AM

See my garage. I have one installed. It still curves downward a bit too much for my taste, as I would prefer more of a straight back "stinger" like the CRF's have. It's still way better than the droopy dongle stock one though. The Cemoto one is a little better and in retrospect I probably would have gone with that instead.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted February 12, 2006 - 07:26 AM

I just ordered a maier for my L with a baja design under the fender tail light. Any one have any opinions on that set up. I have that acerbis tail light now but I find it not working to many times.

• Evilfirbolg

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:35 AM

I too didn't like the way the Maier curved down, so I chopped it and installed a Baja Designs LED. Here's my take...

Posted Image

Posted Image

• TREADMARKS

Posted February 12, 2006 - 08:39 AM

Thats pretty cool, I like the chopped look. :thumbsup:

• supaflyryan

Posted February 12, 2006 - 10:11 PM

My Baja Designs light is underneath the fender. I cut off all the plastic for the plate holder part and just left the light.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.