5 replies to this topic
  • Scott_in_KC

Posted September 19, 2001 - 05:45 PM

I know I'll need the SDG seat.

What about the silencer from a 99?

[This message has been edited by Scott in KC (edited September 19, 2001).]

• mxchamps

Posted September 19, 2001 - 08:16 PM

Yes the tank is the same. The exhaust should fit too.

[This message has been edited by mxchamps (edited September 19, 2001).]

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 20, 2001 - 02:31 AM

not sure about the tank, but I am pretty sure the rad shrouds are different...???

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Scott_in_KC

Posted September 20, 2001 - 03:14 AM

Okay, one yes, one maybe....anybody else? I hate to get this stuff and have it not fit.

• dhowell

Posted September 20, 2001 - 03:21 AM

Check a post on the Acerbis tank sale. If I remember correctly, the tank will fit,but as Kevin stated the shrouds are different. Don't hold me to it, because I don't know first hand. But, that is what I remember from the previous posts on the subject.

Good luck.

• Scott_F

Posted September 20, 2001 - 04:21 AM

I KNOW the shrouds are different. The mounting point to the radiator is different. But I think the two mounts to the tank are the same. So, it should work.

Scott F '02 YZ250F < '01 YZ250F < '00 YZ426F < '99 YZ400F <'98 YZ400F

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.