header pipe glowing orange !

14 replies to this topic
  • marktt31

Posted February 11, 2006 - 09:47 AM

I have just recently noticed that the header on my 426 is glowing orange on tick over, i richened the pilot screw but no change, temp is 2-8C where i ride at sea level and i have all stock jetting, the bike is running 110% all through the range, could it be that i only noticed this because it is very dusk in the UK at the moment and it shows up easy in the dark.
Regards Mark

• gunner150

Posted February 11, 2006 - 09:49 AM

It better turn orange! If it doesn't turn orange then you have a problem. But it turning orange is perfectly normal

• BergArabia

Posted February 14, 2006 - 11:13 AM

Mine has turned orange every time I run it if I let it sit for a minute or 2 as in warming it before an oil change.. Like the man said, it is normal. This is the standard newbie first post, welcome to the wonderful world of YZ..

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2006 - 11:29 AM

I have just recently noticed that the header on my 426 is glowing orange on tick over...

Say it ain't so, mate! :thumbsup:

Perfectly normal. Four-srtoke exhaust is rather warm, and your header is only about 1mm thick.

As long as it doesn't Look Like This, you're OK. :thumbsup:

• revolucien

Posted February 14, 2006 - 01:35 PM

As long as it doesn't Look Like This, you're OK. :thumbsup:

HAHA love the propane tank bumper :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2006 - 03:40 PM

It's from wrooster's collection. No telling how he came by it.

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 14, 2006 - 03:47 PM

LOL, holy $hit, I wonder if that's covered on his life insurance policy?

Orange must be normal for you northern guys, red is more common color down south where it's already hot outside. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ride yzf all the way

Posted February 14, 2006 - 04:49 PM

Yeah it better be orange

• grayracer513

Posted February 14, 2006 - 05:30 PM

LOL, holy $hit, I wonder if that's covered on his life insurance policy?

What do you bet they don't know?

• offdapeggs

Posted February 14, 2006 - 06:04 PM

They turn orange right before they ATTACK!!!!

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 14, 2006 - 06:19 PM

What do you bet they don't know?

We need someone here who is similar in appearance to this anonymous pilot to mail this picture to their life and health insurance agents with a note asking if this is covered and post the results. :thumbsup:

• bhollis426

Posted February 15, 2006 - 07:26 AM

That's sweat from all that horsepower!!

• 426WROhio

Posted February 15, 2006 - 11:57 AM

The first time I saw that on my 01 WR426, I freaked. I had a hot, slow ride w/ some friends and rookies the first summer on that bike. My 01 does not have an overflow, and the coolant flowed out the tubes a few times during the day - damn near emptied teh radiator. A couple weeks later, I started it up in the garage, late at night. THE PIPE GLOWED!!! I almost cried, as I thought I seriousl *&$#&^ something up in my "new" baby! Ahhh memories... :thumbsup:

• Idaho_Stas

Posted February 20, 2006 - 10:50 PM

Next time it's glowing orange like that, you better touch it to see if it's hot ;-)

• quartzite

Posted February 22, 2006 - 11:20 AM

Next time it's glowing orange like that, you better touch it to see if it's hot ;-)

:thumbsup: Don't use a nail...a "friend" did that.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.