'03WR450 - Freshen up w/ new piston?

1 reply to this topic
  • WrightCo

Posted February 11, 2006 - 08:01 AM

I've just torn down my WR for some much needed attention. It is three seasons old and needs new plastic, brakes, chain/sprockets, etc... It runs and starts great. No issues at end of last season except for water pump seal failing and dripping out the weep hole. Parts for that repair on order. My question is: Should I "freshen" up the motor w/ a new piston/ rings during this tear down just for good measure or don't fix what isn't broke?

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 11, 2006 - 08:51 AM

I would leave her alone. She is good for 10,000 plus miles (500 hours) of trail riding before a top end is needed. Keep the valves in spec and change the oil regularily. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.