corrosion on fork tube

4 replies to this topic
  • fastbyfrank

Posted February 10, 2006 - 07:02 PM

hi, i have a 2004 yz450f, 50 hours on the bike, light duty mx, fast trail riding,no sand. i removed the suspension and took it to devol engineering to have the oils changed etc.... i noticed on the right side fork tube from about halfway down some corrosion on the chrome, starts off lightly up high and towards the bottom gets heavy. the cast alum axle carrier has some corrosion also. the suspension shop is going to polish the tube and im going to run it, if the seal starts to leak ill replace the tube. does anyone have a right side fork tube available? has anyone else experienced this problem?
thanks in advance for all the replies. :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 10, 2006 - 08:42 PM

That's odd.. is the bike stored inside or outside, and is it very humid where the bike is stored?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fastbyfrank

Posted February 10, 2006 - 08:46 PM

always stored inside, always washed and dried, im confused. :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted February 11, 2006 - 05:20 AM

Do you use any chemicals when you wash it? If so list them here. If other people use the same chemicals but don't have problems then you can at least cross that off of the likely cause list.

• fastbyfrank

Posted February 11, 2006 - 10:23 AM

simple green and car wash soap. i am the second owner,although previous owner only put 5 hours on bike he still my have used a acid type wash on the bike.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.