05 WR450 FMF power kit !!!

3 replies to this topic
  • kannahavemore

Posted February 10, 2006 - 06:53 PM

Just installed the FMF power kit!!! I have a zipty factory pro jetting kit and a boysen quick shot installed. The power kit comes with the Q2 pipe and the power bomb header along with the Power now from scary fast. The retail on the kit saves about a hundred $ over separate and got 20% off that.

So, I cant even believe the bike now, If you were looking for low to mid power gains I strongly recomend this kit. My riding pal who is also the one I bounce everything off of was amazed at the power. He is an expert class desert racer who has done vegas to reno and lots of local racing. He rides a 2005 CR450r and he had ridden my bike stock and was less than impressed.
after the free mods the jet kit and the pipe he thinks my bike may be faster than his!!!! but the low end grunt is the best gain!!! Im jones'n to ride again after 40 miles yesterday. hope this helps put a smile on someone elses face :thumbsup: Oh and the pipe sounds great!!! and is still quiet!!!! :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted February 10, 2006 - 07:03 PM

He rides a 2005 CR450r and he had ridden my bike stock and was less than impressed.

I hear you.....

My mates were the same. They ride YZ450's. I would give them a ride, they would say it was good, but they were just being nice. It all changed with the pipe.

I was disapointed when I first started my WR too. Riding it was good but still some doubt about if I should have got another 2 stroke. Riding my buddies YZ450 changed my thoughts and I knew what the bike could become. Just a pitty it took a bit of work and a fair bit of cash to do it.

Sounds like you have a killer set up there! :thumbsup:

Did you try the bike with and with out the power now? I'm still undecided. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kannahavemore

Posted February 10, 2006 - 08:06 PM

not yet, and because I had to file the MAJ hole on the power now because of the factory pro jet kit mod I was about to ebay the piece of tin, however I have done soo much tinkering and the bike is soo strong now that I am not changin a thing for a while !!!@! PS, did I say how much easier the bike fires !!!!

• OneToGo

Posted February 10, 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hi
I'm just waiting for run-in and dealer service (6 months warranty here, but wont wait that long) before I install the same pipe - BTW, the FMF site says PowerPak - not being picky, JIC someone else goes looking...

Just installed the FMF power kit!!! I have a zipty factory pro jetting kit and a boysen quick shot installed. The power kit comes with the Q2 pipe and the power bomb header along with the Power now from scary fast. The retail on the kit saves about a hundred $ over separate and got 20% off that.

So, I cant even believe the bike now, If you were looking for low to mid power gains I strongly recomend this kit Oh and the pipe sounds great!!! and is still quiet!!!! :thumbsup:

For Info, there is a newish thread on the Ti Powercore (switch from Q2) and it appears to add to the mid and top end where otherwise the Q2 dampens things a bit. But, you dont get something for nothing so have to put up with a little more NOISE.
QUESTION: did you try the JD kit? I did not research the factory pro jetting kit but it appears that it may be a better option than the JD - any comments.
:thumbsup: :bonk:

Matty05, I'm going to install the Power Now separately once the jetting is done so I'll let you know the affect- I believe it boosts bottom end snap.
Cheers
Colin
PS (speaking with cyclewriter now?!) :bonk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.