Clarke tanks are not good fitting replicas

30 replies to this topic
  • roadcam

Posted March 07, 2006 - 07:31 AM

you may try an IMS tank ... mine is 'perfect', however, there have been a couple in here that should never had been shipped, they were so flawed ... so few companies take any pride in their work anymore (like my piece of crap CORBIN seat, and yes, they were given their opportunities to make it right, still poorly fit and finish) :thumbsup:

• khelton

Posted March 07, 2006 - 08:23 AM

Sorry for your prblems but I have had extremely good luck with my Clarke tanks on both 650R and 650L...did a 1,400 mile trip to Copper Canyon Mexico and back and had zero problems when other's IMS tanks wer falling apart. I will buy them again . Sorry for your bad unit.

• sgifford

Posted March 07, 2006 - 10:46 AM

Sorry for the hassle. My 4.1 Clarke tank fit great and looks good on my 650L.

• MotoGoalie

Posted March 07, 2006 - 11:59 AM

I have a Clarke 2.8 gal tank on my YZF and it works and fits perfectly.

I don't know if I buy that 'swelling' explanation but I'm very happy with the quality and cost of the product.

• Blade Man

Posted March 07, 2006 - 04:52 PM

are you just putting on a stock tank with stock capacity?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lrutt

Posted March 08, 2006 - 05:56 AM

My Clarke 4.0 fits and works great on my 650L. I believe they are the same tank. I cound't be more happy with it.

Come to think of it I don't really recall seeing any other bad posts regarding the Clarke. I've seen plenty of upset people with their IMS tanks, but none for the Clarke. That's why I chose it.

• rkuckkahn

Posted March 08, 2006 - 07:23 AM

Clarke four gallon fit perfect on my 04 650L. Not one single problem. I've heard they're very responsive to problems (if you do have them) too.

• exaresix

Posted March 09, 2006 - 11:44 AM

are you just putting on a stock tank with stock capacity?

Yes, stock tank, stock capacity, not the 4 gallon model. They molded these units off the OEM Honda, but the plastic shrinks once out of the mold. Sadly, it does not swell once gas is used, and remains too small to properly fit the bike.

• MIxr650r

Posted March 09, 2006 - 03:36 PM

IMS FRIGGIN' RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

• wr450fyamaha

Posted March 09, 2006 - 07:58 PM

Ive got a 4 on my 650L and she fits like a dream.

• dukeryder

Posted March 09, 2006 - 08:00 PM

Bullchit! I put a 4.7 on mine and it fit PERFECTLY. The only problem I had was the pickup tube for the petcock didn't fit in the hole on the bottom of the tank. I had to drill the plastic out a bit more to get the tube to fit BFD.

Where else you gonna find a 4.7 Gal tank for $150???

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.