Tutorial maby about this???

2 replies to this topic
  • TeaOneAndOnly

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:15 PM

I was wondering if there was a turorial on how to make the air box/ Air Screen Modification. I heard you can just get parts from home depot to make this or is there a pretty good kit that is not over priced. Any help would be great Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr450fyamaha

Posted February 09, 2006 - 06:40 PM

Im doubtful youll need it unless your running a motard. If you do cut a big ass chunk outta the side panel, it tends to fill with mud and water. To do it, ya just drill a bunch of holes in the side panel and glue a piece of screen over the inside......theres a link to it that im sure someone will link.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 09, 2006 - 07:03 PM

I was wondering if there was a turorial on how to make the air box/ Air Screen Modification. I heard you can just get parts from home depot to make this or is there a pretty good kit that is not over priced. Any help would be great Thanks

PLENTY of air comes in the top of the airbox; enough for a 4 cyl. It's also protected as-is from water/mud.

If you just have to carve it up, then (as said) either use a drill bit for lots of holes, or a hole saw for one/few. Glue the screen to the inside of the sideplate.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.