More Than Air & Tubes !!

No replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted September 19, 2001 - 12:16 AM

Its dark outside, raining and cold. I'm lying on the garage floor trying to figure out how to get the front wheel off for a greasing session (novice mechanic at work). I hear a weird rattling sound. The hair on the back of my neck stands up. Continued working and again..... again a strange unidentifiable sound. What the F&&&??? Continued working and there was that noise again. Sheeeiiittt. Things are getting weird.

I could not figure out what the noise was until.... I noticed that it only happened when I was turning the front wheel....

I havent checked yet as I dont have tire irons, but my guess is that there is major amount of dirt INSIDE the tire which moves around when the wheel when its rotating slowly - hence the noise which scared the s h i t out of me at first.

It also fits with the bouncing sensation from the front wheel when riding tarmac at high speed - I guess the centrifugal force jams the dirt in one part of the tire causing a weight imbalance which makes the front end 'bounce' slightly.

How it gets in there in the first place is a mystery.

Anyone else had this problem ???

The (Not s h i t scared any more) Missile

------------------
The Missile
'99 WR400F
Airbox Lid - gone
Throttle Stop - shorty!
Plastics/Tank/Seat - One Industries
Street Legal

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.