PC Racing filterskins vs Twinair dustcover

6 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 08:57 PM

Which is the better one to get? Anybody used these before?

• clark4131

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:19 PM

I've used the filterskins and was impressed with how much dirt they trapped. However, they were kind of pain to oil, install and clean, so I stopped using them. I've never used the TA dustcover, but I like the idea of a foam pre-filter...SC

• boer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:36 PM

Are the pc filterskins not foam?

does it take more effort cleaning the filterskin than it does the filter?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOZZ

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:38 PM

A little off topic (sorry) but does the Twin Air Power Flow Kit need any thing else filter wise or does it double as a backfire screen & filter ?

http://www.twinairus.../powerflow.html

• boer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 11:10 PM

A little off topic (sorry) but does the Twin Air Power Flow Kit need any thing else filter wise or does it double as a backfire screen & filter ?

http://www.twinairus.../powerflow.html

It seems like the filter has the screen laminated to it. See below text:

"Twin Air PowerFlow Kit for 4-Stroke models: Replace your air-restricting stock backfire screen with our New PowerFlow kit. The kit includes a rigid, lightweight, billet aluminum cage with a special backfire-resistant layer of foam laminated to the inside of the filter."

• TARFELE

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:45 AM

I started using the filterskins in Dec. on a desert ride in Big Bend. They are great. In the morning I would pull the dirty one off and then pull a clean pre-oiled one out of the bag. I put oil in the bag so that they would stay sticky. After putting the new one on I would take filter cleaner and clean the dirty one and let it dry then put a little oil back on it. I will not run without them now.

• clark4131

Posted February 09, 2006 - 06:43 AM

Are the pc filterskins not foam?

does it take more effort cleaning the filterskin than it does the filter?

The filterskin is made of a T-shirt like material that stretches over your foam filter like a sock. It's not hard to clean and oil, but I'm lazy and didn't really see the need to add the extra step. I have a couple of extra filters that I keep oiled and ready to go in ziploc bags when I need to change out...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.