06 jetting changes

2 replies to this topic
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted February 08, 2006 - 07:36 PM

A lot people complain about changing the jets on the O6 so thought I would post what works for me. First off I went and bought an FCR carb tool for $12.00, best money spent. Removing pilot, main and adjusting pilot screw without ever removing or even loosening up the carb. As for the the needle, I have found if you remove your seat and tank you have access to the top of the carb. just loosen the carb bolts from the intake and air boot side and rotate carb to access allen screws in cap to remove it. You then have access to remove the needle and adjust clip position, without having to remove the sub-frame or shock or any of that stuff, pretty easy.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted February 08, 2006 - 11:03 PM

A lot people complain about changing the jets on the O6 so thought I would post what works for me. First off I went and bought an FCR carb tool for $12.00, best money spent. Removing pilot, main and adjusting pilot screw without ever removing or even loosening up the carb. As for the the needle, I have found if you remove your seat and tank you have access to the top of the carb. just loosen the carb bolts from the intake and air boot side and rotate carb to access allen screws in cap to remove it. You then have access to remove the needle and adjust clip position, without having to remove the sub-frame or shock or any of that stuff, pretty easy.

What is this FCR tool and where can I get one?
I have a 48 One richer on the needle and a 170 Main.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted February 09, 2006 - 07:38 AM

Both Motion Pro and MSR make the carb too I am refering to. I picked mine up at my local Yamaha shop.
here is what it looks like:
http://webpages.char...08-0181Cweb.jpg

some industrious types have made thier own tools like it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.