I need a new back tire. Which to buy??

23 replies to this topic
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:26 PM

Michelin X-11 Trials tire.
Worth every penny IMO.

Yes I run that on my other wheels! Got to have the best of both worlds! :thumbsup:

• JRAMBO

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:35 PM

I seen a guy with a Pirelli, it looked okay, but it didn't have any rim protection. The bead was flush with the rim. Thats why I like Dunlops, the side wall sticks out about an 1/8th inch wider than the rim.

I have plenty of pertection with the rear its the front I keep killing my rim so I run a little more air so it doesn't bottom out against my rim.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • AxemanLv

Posted February 09, 2006 - 08:40 PM

Want absolutly knarly, get a teraflex but only the USA 140 version not the 150 China junk version, want a normal sized(120 - 110) all around good combo stick with the Perrellis or even better, I run the Maxxis Desert ITS and they are probley the best overall and wear like iron, I dual sport and the maxxis holds up better than anything i have ever baught. I got them from Rocky mountain, front and back with shipping for $90. :bonk:

I agree, I'm running the same Maxxis out here in the desert around Vegas, but go to Flagstaff to do a lot of Dual-sport riding, it has been great, over 800 miles on it and it still works and wears great. I tried the Kenda's, and dunlops, nothing wears as good. hope this helps a little. :thumbsup:

Matt :thumbsup:

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 09, 2006 - 10:20 PM

Quote:
The USA 140 Tera Flex.

I couldn't help but laugh when I opened the box. This thing is enormous!

I hope it is as awesome as it looks.

My buddies was a huge POS, one ride in the mountains and done: chunked out. Others have said theirs held up well. Let us know how yours does will you. Thanks. :worth

Sorry, I was thinking of the China 150. The 140 is far superior to its newer, cheaper counterpart. You got the good one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.