sound test 450

4 replies to this topic
  • xrcrash

Posted February 08, 2006 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone sound tested the 05 wr 450 with the end cap off? I just need to know if i have to put it back on to pass tech at 96bds.

• TWILES

Posted February 08, 2006 - 02:52 PM

I read a magazine article the said it was around 96. Pro Moto Billet has a tip that replaces the stock one. Surely its under 96. Its $50. They sent me a picture if you want to see it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbailey223

Posted February 08, 2006 - 03:13 PM

There is a very noticeable difference with the PMB insert on vs. without it. I don't know about decibels, but the package that came with my PMB said something about being 96 or less, and one test they did was 92 or so.

• SJMC_DON

Posted February 08, 2006 - 03:40 PM

Has anyone sound tested the 05 wr 450 with the end cap off? I just need to know if i have to put it back on to pass tech at 96bds.

I can guarantee you that you will surpass 96db with you insert removed :thumbsup:

• tigerowner_ut

Posted February 08, 2006 - 04:16 PM

I thought that the 05 model had a decent unrestricted silencer that was around 94 db when unplugged. That is what all the tests said.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.