coolant resevoir leaking

4 replies to this topic
  • Braz

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:38 AM

I have an 06 WR450 and have been riding it a couple times a month since November when I bought it. Recently I noticed the green coolant on the floor of my garage and realized I had a leak. Apparently something, and I assume it is the rear tire, has rubbed a spot on the corner of the plastic tank and made a small hole. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Few

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:58 AM

Can you take a pic of it? I am curious If I might need to fab something.
Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 08, 2006 - 11:52 AM

I run the Teraflex 140 rear and I space out my overflow tank about 1/2" with spacers. You should be able to repair the bottle with a PTex candle that the ski bases are repaired with for downhill snow boards. The bottle is never under any real pressure. :thumbsup:

• AnimalDan

Posted February 08, 2006 - 01:57 PM

yes I had the exact same problem. Although I spotted it before the tire rubbed all the way through the tank. Also have seen the exact same thing on a Kawasaki. In my case the tank had been pushed in so I just needed to push it back out flush with the side panel.

• pkcof

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:37 PM

I removed the overflow tank the day after i got my bike and have done on all previous bikes. Just run a tube down through the rads, behind the case saver and let it drip there (if it ever has to). It's just another road legal requirement after all ... (unless you spend your time on the road?)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.