S T A R T E R t r o u b l e !!!

4 replies to this topic
  • Snake

Posted September 18, 2001 - 10:31 AM

The trouble is,,,my M8's looking to put an electric starter on his bike, a Yamaha WR400, but cant find a starter anywhere. If NE1 knows if its possible, or if NE1 has done it - please send me details A S A P. Does he need to order outside UK for a starter, or are there any places that would make one. What alternative electric starters would work on a WR400 ? ANY info on this would be a help, because I cant even ride a bike and I listen to this problem EVERY EFFing day...Snake

• Taffy

Posted September 18, 2001 - 10:49 AM

there is a company in france that does the conversion and TBM rode it and were impressed only a short while ago (april issue). i put up the info and someone found a link to a site.

go into search and try putting in "two wheel drive etc" see what you get.
the company is called les roues and they're on 0033139880276
in goussainville,france. cost is £1000 including all taxes to do your bike.

Taffy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Snake

Posted September 19, 2001 - 01:55 AM

Thanks for the info - If you can find any more about this please keep in touch
x612sge@yahoo.co.uk AKA Snake on this site M8

Snake

• Dan_CZ

Posted September 19, 2001 - 09:27 PM

Hi Snake,
here is the web site you find.
Dan http://www.les2roues...r_electric.html

• Snake

Posted September 19, 2001 - 02:40 PM

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and guidance - Ive found a new starter for just under £1300.00 but as much as i like the bike, thats too much.
Unless i find it cheaper (even 2nd hand) the bikes getting sold. A pity considering the Yamaha wr400 is a fantastic bike. Its been adapted for road use also - best getaway ride you'll ever get (apart from having to kick it)...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.