too short.....

7 replies to this topic
  • WR400Fdunk

Posted February 08, 2006 - 12:05 AM

i have a 98 yz400 and im wondering if theres any way i can make the bike around 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch shorter without changing out springs or opening up the forks? i have been hearing people talk about sliding the forks and im curious if i can change the ride height by doing this or if theres any other tricks that can be done to help me out... im around 5'7 and i can ride just fine and stuff.. kick start it while sitting down and all that fun stuff.. but i would enjoy riding it more if it were a little bit shorter.. any info would help.. thanks.. -wayne-

• Matty05

Posted February 08, 2006 - 01:48 AM

Sliding the forks up in the clamps will make the bike turn easier and less stable at high speed. Not necessarily a bad thing.......

Try it.

You can get a lowering link but it is really expensive and costs way more than geting suspension lowered professionally.

• DirtMongrel

Posted February 08, 2006 - 01:00 PM

cut some of the seat out, something like the FMX guys do

• Reddog27

Posted February 08, 2006 - 02:30 PM

http://www.koubalink.com/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NYMXer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 02:42 PM

cut some of the seat out, something like the FMX guys do

This is your best and cheapest option. :thumbsup:

• TIM696

Posted February 08, 2006 - 06:04 PM

definitly cut your seat before you spend any money i am also 5'7 on a 03 450f one of the best things i did

• WR400Fdunk

Posted February 09, 2006 - 07:06 PM

my seat is already about an inch thick it has an aftermarket seat.. i can just deal with it i can ride just fine but i was wanting it a bit lower to make it easer to stand and kick start it, its get kinda hard standing on my left tiptoe while i try to kick it over when its like 20 degrees outside(tempermental 4 stroke) but i can cope.. if anyone knows of any aftermarket stores that sell parts and accessories for WR/YZ400F let me know.. thanks.. -wayne-

• ian56

Posted February 09, 2006 - 08:08 PM

If you or someone you know, know's how to weld, try cutting down your subframe.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.