Ais

5 replies to this topic
  • john smart

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:07 PM

What is AIS? I just started reading about the wr. I'm picking up an o3 wr 450 next week and need to get-r-tweaked. Any suggestions? It has a fmf pipe. I'm 46 and 5'7" so I think I'll need to shave some foam off the seat. Any companies making comfy short seats? Any other tricks to shrink height? Where are best websites to buy stuff for the wr?

• boer

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:18 PM

Try buying off the TT store link above. Have not bought anything yet, but had some questions and they were answered professionally and quickly. :thumbsup:

• pkcof

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:19 PM

(A)ir (I)njection (S)ystem = emission control for the Countrys and States that require them. In Australia they come from the dealer with the A.I.S. already removed (and obviously re-jetted) so it certainly doesn't affect the performance or reliability by removing it (except maybe to increase it slightly). I'm pretty sure that the '03 model doesn't have it anyway !!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:45 PM

What is AIS? I just started reading about the wr. I'm picking up an o3 wr 450 next week and need to get-r-tweaked. Any suggestions? It has a fmf pipe. I'm 46 and 5'7" so I think I'll need to shave some foam off the seat. Any companies making comfy short seats? Any other tricks to shrink height? Where are best websites to buy stuff for the wr?

Shrinking height - supermoto suspension set up. You can get a lowering link too.
suspension set up is only using spacers in the suspension to lower it. I got it done for the missus bike.

If you search for lowering bike, link, supermoto suspension and so on, using the search button up the top, there is heaps of stuff here. :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:01 AM

You don't need to worry about AIS because the 03 didn't have it.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:55 AM

Since you are a newbie here. The 03 WR450 e-start needs upgrading to the 04 design to prevent cracking your engine cases or shearing the flywheel key out on a ride. Here is a web link to my write up with pictures:

http://www.wr450.com...inals/index.htm

Note the write has been modifed to save ordering and 04 left side case by ordering the bushing to push in where the torque limiter goes. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.