01 wr426 cam

6 replies to this topic
  • wildwoodatk

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:19 PM

I know the answer to this is buried somewhere in the archives, but I'd like some opinions.
1) Should I go with a HOTCAMS 426 w/ auto decompress or an 03 YZ Exhaust cam?
2) Has anyone used the HOTCAMS 426 exhaust cam w/ auto decompress and NOT installed a HOTCAMS intake cam?? :thumbsup:

The bikes power is fine the way it is, I just want the most economical way to make starting a little easier.

• dsconstructs

Posted February 08, 2006 - 07:13 AM

I recently purchased the 03 yz cam as opposed to the hotcam, mainly for the cost savings. $100 for the 03 cam $150 for the hot cam

• wildwoodatk

Posted February 08, 2006 - 08:00 AM

Where'd you get it for $100?. My local Yammy shop quoted $173, and the hotcam is $189 or so

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted February 08, 2006 - 08:09 AM

Where'd you get it for $100?.

Try: http://oem.thumperta...om/default.aspx

$10 membership cost, but you'll save much more than that just on your cam.

Also, there is the option of using a WR450 camshaft instead of the YZ. This would give you power very much like the WR426 already has. But the YZ450F cam will boost your power in a way that you'll probably like a lot, and TT OEM doesn't stock WR stuff normally.

The YZ cam will boost across the range, with no real loss anywhere.

Remember to pull down the instructions; the OEM timing marks on the 450 cam don't line up exactly like the stock ones do.

• wildwoodatk

Posted February 08, 2006 - 11:46 AM

So you'd go with the YZ exhaust cam and leave the stock wr intake cam?
Also, can you tell what part number the 03 exhaust cam is? Thanks for your help guys

• wildwoodatk

Posted February 09, 2006 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for your input guys. Bought the yz cam from TT last night.

• dsconstructs

Posted February 10, 2006 - 06:49 PM

Just did my install today, you're gonna like it :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.