Want to Trade my 06 WR450 for an 06 YZ 450?

16 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted February 07, 2006 - 09:54 PM

I LOVE this bike, but thought I'd be doing more enduro riding (I'm 40 now), but have spent the last couple of times at the track and would like it to be a little lighter since I'm so out of shape. The bike handles and rides superb, but again, the extra 20 or so pounds would be nice NOT to not have.

The bike is basically new with 100 miles on it and the oil has been drained 3 times already. All paid for, have the title, etc.

Who knows, maybe by tomorrow, I'll change my mind again. :thumbsup:

• silverlakerider

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:45 AM

I don't have a 2006 but I have a 2000 YZ426F. I bought it 2001 and it gets ridden about 5 times a year. The guy I bought it off of had about 10 hours on it and no scratches. In the desert (I live in Northern Nevada) a couple of times and then in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the summer (slow single track riding.) After market accessories include: Renthal bars, Acerbis bark busters, MSR levers, 1/2" taller seat foam, 10 oz. flywheel, Sharkfin disc protector rear, removable kickstand, Devol radiator guards and lastly a Dr.D complete exhaust system. I should of bought a WR but I got a really good deal on this bike and I couldn't pass it up. I still have the stock flywheel and counter sprocket so it'll rip on the track. I just checked the valves before last ride and they're spot on. There's a new Kenda Millville on the back and believe it or not the stock Dunlop is on the front with about 75% tread left on it. The bike has been babied because it was my dream bike, always garaged, oil changed every 2 rides and air filter cleaned after every ride. I love the bike but I want to convert a WR into a street bike for commuting to work. After all my research it will just be a lot cheaper and easier to convert a WR instead of my YZ.

Now that I ran on forever I'd like to offer you the trade as well as $2500.00 cash. Whaddya think?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• palmdaleRider

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:58 AM

I wish I had bought a WR. I never go to the track, and spend all my time doing desert enduro riding. I'd enjoy the more spaced out tranny gears, and the headlight...

Are you interested in a 2000 YZ426? It's in awesome shape, starts 1st kick, and runs like a raped ape on drugs.

http://aals1.home.att.net/DaYZ.jpg

• beezer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 08:21 AM

Who in their right mind would trade an 06 WR for a six year old YZ?

• MotoGoalie

Posted February 08, 2006 - 08:50 AM

Who in their right mind would trade an 06 WR for a six year old YZ?

That's not the way the title reads. I think the guys that want' to trade up are hallucinating though for sure.

How much do you want, cash for your 06 WR?

• beezer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:14 AM

These guys are trying to trade Oprah for Jessica Alba.

• palmdaleRider

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:47 AM

These guys are trying to trade Oprah for Jessica Alba.

But Oprah comes with a lot of $$$$. Alba is darn cute though.

Tell you what, I'll trade my KLX for your old rusted MX bicycle + $2.5K

• Flaminchiten1967

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:50 AM

Why not remove the battery and electric starter from your WR and drop some weight off it. Throw on a YZ rear fender and put a YZ cam in it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • twenty34

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:08 AM

Yes, I thought of that, but that's not gonna drop it 30lbs. That's roughly the difference in the two bikes. All the Free mods have been done already. The bike hauls, that's not the issue.

Why not remove the battery and electric starter from your WR and drop some weight off it. Throw on a YZ rear fender and put a YZ cam in it.

• beezer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:17 AM

Both are nice bikes.

Go buy a YZ450.

It's only money.

• MotoGoalie

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:30 AM

Why not remove Oprah and install Jessica Alba onto the seat.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:53 AM

Why not remove Oprah and install Jessica Alba onto the seat.

That would cerntainly shave some wieght off. :thumbsup:
I agree just by a YZF450 and have both, I do.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:58 AM

Keep your WR and buy a 2005 YZ250 and learn to ride that first. As a matter of fact, I have one for sale. It was a supercross bike that was ridden in 2 races so it is plenty fast.

• beezer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 11:19 AM

Thats a great idea!

Buy a bike learn how to ride it and then buy another bike that is completely different and learn to ride that one.

Stop starting up the 2 stroke with the garage door closed.

The fumes are killing brain cells.

• twenty34

Posted February 08, 2006 - 03:32 PM

$6350. I have a new $400 GTRY Carbon Fiber exhaust on it. Without it, 6K

• Whoya

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Isn't There mmajor differences between the 06 YZ and the 06 WR ? I mean not only the obvious like the aluminum frame, but what I read on the YZ, is that the bike weighs the same as last year but do to some other mods it feels alot lighter and the center of gravity is much lower. I'm not sure if the 06 WR got those same changes as the YZ. :thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted February 08, 2006 - 05:34 PM

Yes, there's a bunch of differences, gearing, suspension, headlight, weight etc. The bike is great, no issues. It weighs almost 30lbs more. It's great in the desert, and pretty damm good on a moto-x track, but again, I wanted a YZ since it's lighter and found that I probably will be riding Moto-X tracks more than the desert I've discovered. Remember, I'm old and don't ride like I used to so I notice the extra weight. Taking out the battery , etc won't make that much of a dent, otherwise, I'd just take stuff off.

Isn't There mmajor differences between the 06 YZ and the 06 WR ? I mean not only the obvious like the aluminum frame, but what I read on the YZ, is that the bike weighs the same as last year but do to some other mods it feels alot lighter and the center of gravity is much lower. I'm not sure if the 06 WR got those same changes as the YZ. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.