Removing the air injection pump.

2 replies to this topic
  • ram1000

Posted February 07, 2006 - 08:09 PM

How do I remove pump or whatever it is on the side of the motor? Where do I find the proper plates to replace the connections into the base of the cylinder and where the pump comes off? Also how far up do I remove the hose going to the air cleaner? Do you remove it and the valve mechanism next to the carburator or leave that canister on?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rkuckkahn

Posted February 08, 2006 - 07:32 AM

I bought a kit that had instructions for rerouting the hoses, and included the cover plates. Baha Designs has it (just checked)
There are also complete instructions to do it all yourself on too but their server has been down for a while. I just didn't want to mess with cutting my own block off plates but the kit is like $29. The whole mess comes off the side and makes the engine much cleaner. The only thing I noticed with the smog gone is no more backfiring (with all the other mods in place).

I assume you're doing all the other mods too. This bike is way lean, runs hot stock and needs to be opened up: snorkel, air filter, carb rejet, aftermarket exhaust or mod the stock exhaust. Gearing helped a lot too 14/47 works for me but it depends upon where you ride. With all the mods you can take off the wings and run at 220 degrees (oil dipstick temp).

• HawkGT

Posted February 08, 2006 - 01:33 PM

Some info in this thread:

Related Content

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.