Promoto Billet for 06WR450

13 replies to this topic
  • boer

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:58 AM

Has anyone got the insert on their bike with the stock pipe?

Will the promoto billet make a noticeable difference like a slip on pipe or is it not woth the cash? :thumbsup:

How will it compare to a slip on pipe? :bonk:

cheers for your comments :thumbsup:

• Few

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:21 AM

I would like to hear from someone on this as well. It seemed like a cheaper way to gain some pony's then to buy a new can.
How 'bout that header at night when running! :thumbsup:

• dbailey223

Posted February 07, 2006 - 12:34 PM

For my 03, it made a noticeable difference and kept the bike very quiet.

• tony1970

Posted February 07, 2006 - 03:13 PM

I have the PMB insert for my '05 and yes it did make a difference. I did this in conjunction with re jetting and free mods. I would re jet for sure if you are going to install one, but you would also have too if you put on a new pipe. As far as a power gain compared to a new pipe it probably is not as much, but it sure is an improvement over the peashooter insert it comes with and it keeps the noise down. :thumbsup:

• NuckingFuts

Posted February 07, 2006 - 09:18 PM

installed on my 02' 426 and the gains are great, quiet, and the jetting isnt far from stock. I drilled some extra holes in the small tubing to increase air flow w/o increasing the sound to much. Worked like I wanted too.

• treecop

Posted February 08, 2006 - 01:24 AM

I have an uncorked 03 WR450F I used to ride at 8500+ feet. I have the spark arrester and the Pro Moto Billet end cap. It quiets the bike down an lets the pnoies out.

I am not sure I could handle my bike any more powerful, but I ride only trails.

• boer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 07:13 AM

Enbody using the insert on a 05WR450 or 06WR450? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Few

Posted February 08, 2006 - 09:04 AM

Tony has the '05 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• FrankTheTank

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:40 AM

Finally put it in my bike the last weekend (06WR450F) after dooing all of the free mods a couple of weeks ago. Very noticable difference in overall performance. I haven't rejetted yet but am going to give it a try tonite though. What I noticed was that the roll on was smoother and the mid range bog i was getting went away.

Worth the money - YES

Would I maybe wait and get the end cap with spark arrester - probably should have.

L8R,
Josh

• Few

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:50 AM

:thumbsup: Ok, ok... I'm ordering it. I am not planning on replacing my can in the near future so this sounds like the best way to go. Thanks for the testimonials.

• Stinez

Posted February 08, 2006 - 06:51 PM

I'm using the PMB insert on my 06 wr450f. I like the set-up because it's still within the legal noise limit while giving the motor some air.
IMO The price and the potential noise isn't worth the slight power gain an aftermarket pipe gives because I'm not doing any serious racing.

But that's just my story. :thumbsup:

• boer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 07:07 PM

:thumbsup: Ok, ok... I'm ordering it. I am not planning on replacing my can in the near future so this sounds like the best way to go. Thanks for the testimonials.

:thumbsup: :bonk: Exactly what I was thinking

• crooks420

Posted February 08, 2006 - 07:50 PM

For the money, do the JD kit, Zip-Ty, AIS removal, Uni filter, and the free mods (grey wire, snorkle, throttle screw) and go with a PMB. This worked well on my 05 WR450. When compared to my buddies stock WR450...... well lets just say I rode his for maybe a half mile before I wanted my bike back..... I would guess if you spent more money on a whole exhaust sytem, it could only get better.... But my mods got my bike to where it should be from the factory.... and I am pleased. All I could ask for is a bit more wheel lift when I lightly whack the throttle. Dont get me wrong... it'll come up just fine, but its a tad harder at those tight woods pace.... or is it just me????

Jesse

• boer

Posted February 08, 2006 - 08:39 PM

Enbody using the insert on a 05WR450 or 06WR450? :thumbsup:

Sorry, thick question. :p :eek: I'm abit slow to realise that PMB is short for promotobillet :bonk: :bonk: :eek: oops

I guess you learn the lingo as you go on :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.