04 wr450 mods

2 replies to this topic
  • RIDER307G

Posted February 07, 2006 - 08:23 AM

OK, I am new to the WR450 forum but I came from the DRZ400 forum and learned a lot. I just baught a 04 wr450 bone stock except for the GYT pipe insert and the GYT throttle stop. It also has been jetted and had the holes cut in the airbox. Besides the grey wire mod, what other mods are there? Should I take out, what looks like a baffle out of the top of the airbox, which would make two small inlets into one large one? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Few

Posted February 07, 2006 - 08:37 AM

One Mod that I have not read much about was Screens over those side holes in the Airbox. I'm gathering a home made kit out of stuff now. I'll let you know what I end up with on the bike.

• beakr

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Do some searches for mods, but what most of us have done are:

Essential:
Air box
Throttle stop
Silicone under the plastic chain glide to protect swing-arm from chain-slap wear
Re-grease linkage and steering head bearings
Re-route valve cover breather hose
Re-route two of the carburetor vent hoses
Un-cork exhaust
Re-jet
Cut gray wire

Nice-to-have:

Better skid plate
Radiator guards / braces
Hand-guards & whatever other bolt-on stuff you want

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.