Rekuse Clutch adjuster crappy design - How have you improved it?

1 reply to this topic
  • AUS_WR450

Posted February 07, 2006 - 02:15 AM

Attention all WR450 owners with a Rekluse Z-Start clutch installed.

Firstly, let me say that I absolutely love my Rekluse Z-Start clutch. My only gripe is the crappy design of the clutch adjustment screw setup. In the following pictures, you can see how the adjusting screw fits in the clutch cable holder, like a "dick in a shirtsleeve". I was wondering what, if anything, riders have done to make this a better design. I am tossing up the idea of replacing the clutch cable holder with a new bracket of my own design.

Here is the pics of the installation, and yes, it is just like the way it should be installed according to the instructions, which has similar pictures.

Adjuster pic 1

Adjuster pic 2

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted February 07, 2006 - 04:47 AM

That doesn't look like the adjuster that came in the kit for my 426 :thumbsup: but I never used it because I purchased the perch adjuster :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.