Transworld review questions??

3 replies to this topic
  • Pitster

Posted February 06, 2006 - 11:09 PM

Why did they rate the Yamaha dead last? What are the "dislikes" about the bike. I Have had many of the four stroke bikes, My last being an 05 crf 450, I would like to go back to the new Yamaha 450, But now I am wondering why it scored so low.
I know you cant trust a magazine review, that is why I am hoping to get some info here from real uses. What do people who have owned CRF 450 or the new KAwi have to say about how they compare?

Also my main riding is offroad, Not allot of MX stuff. I like the five speed over the others MX bikes with the four speed for this reason.

• NYMXer

Posted February 07, 2006 - 05:40 AM

TransWorld rated the Yammie 3rd out of 5. They didn't like the plastic and thev grips. Oh yeah, they got "Yamathumb"........whatever that is.

The sad truth is that almost all of their rider's were faster on the Yamaha........some seconds faster per lap. I always thought the purpose of a race bike was to get you around the track as quickly as possible. I guess by there plastic comment that 'bling' is more important than speed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted February 07, 2006 - 05:48 AM

Swap loved the '06 YZ450F and rated it first along with another rider. All the new 450's are great bikes and a shoot-out is the opinion of a couple of riders that you may share the same opinion with or not.

Do a search there are plenty of TT rider's opinions of the YZ450F. I have one and love the bike no complaints. Could I also be happy on a KX450F or CRF450R ....probably.

• grayracer513

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:26 AM

I always thought the purpose of a race bike was to get you around the track as quickly as possible. I guess by there plastic comment that 'bling' is more important than speed.

Congratulations...you have learned how to separate riders from posers. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.