Killswitch question....

3 replies to this topic
  • WR400Fdunk

Posted February 06, 2006 - 09:35 PM

Im curious if anyone has tryed running a killswitch with a teather cord, the kind that alot of the quad guys are required to have for most racing events? the reason im wanting to know is i ride alot of trails with sand/water and cross alot of creeks and shallow water holes.. and in the event of a "lay down" i dont want my bike to suck a bunch of water through the pipe and spill into the exhaust valves or come through airbox into the carb... i would much rather it stopped running if i crashed anyways incase i cant get to it to shut it off befor any serious damage could happen.. any info would help thanks.. -Wayne-

• 642MX

Posted February 07, 2006 - 05:53 AM

If you dropped a hot 4 stroke in the water, running or not, bad things will happen. I never thought much about using an ATV kill cord, because it could get snagged on tree limbs and things like that.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR400Fdunk

Posted February 07, 2006 - 09:58 PM

I know of the dangers of mixing hot metal with cold water.. i was just curious about using a deadmans killswitch.. and wondered if anyone has tryed it

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:38 PM

All of the hillclimbers have them, its manditory for most events. Should be a pretty easy setup. I know some of my buddies who are pro hillclimbers complain of occasionally catching the teather on something and killing their ride prematurely. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.