My throttle stop problem, advice needed.

No replies to this topic
  • jj

Posted November 28, 2000 - 08:55 AM

I finally found my "lost" throttle stop and decided to cut it down and put it back in. I've heard and read in the tech section that the stop should be cut down to 8mm. Measuring from the head of the screw to the end of the stop.

After I had hacked it down to 8mm I came to the realization that I probably should have cut the stop long and worked it down while looking at the position of the throttle valve as I manually opened it.

Anyway I ended up with the "8mm" and after I fully installed it I noticed that when I manually open the throttle the throttle stop does not stop the throttle valve from opening farther than it should. It looks like the stop is about 1.5mm too short, thus the valve opens well past its fully open point. (wow thats a mouth full)

At this point I feel like I've got two options; buy tiny washers and fit them behind the stop to lengthen it or back out the stop to the correct length and JB Weld it in place.

JJ - 99 WR; WR timed, stock jetting, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Terry Cable Hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Russel speed bleeders, Factory Effect graphics, YZ rear fender

[This message has been edited by JJ (edited 11-28-2000).]

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.