What is the best way to part out a 426?

6 replies to this topic
  • Live To Ride Mike

Posted February 06, 2006 - 02:53 AM

I assume the best way to sell off a 426 with a bad motor is on EBAY. I have over a 100 buys but only 2 sells and never parted out a whole bike before and I am not sure what parts to sell together and what parts seperately? Any suggestions?

• Bamster

Posted February 06, 2006 - 04:40 AM

Sell everything separately except the forks. Seems to be the trend.

How much do you want for the odometer counter spacer thingy on the front axcel? I'm in need of one.

• Live To Ride Mike

Posted February 06, 2006 - 05:35 AM

I understand that I should sell every thing (except the wheels I would like to keep) but does anything get grouped together?

When I sell products to my friends or fellow racers, I usually sell it for 1/2 of retail.

Do you know if I can make the 2001 WR wheel fit on my 2006 YZF? Any clue what I will need? Does anyone sell an odometer replacment spacer?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1rkcooper

Posted February 06, 2006 - 09:19 AM

Sell everything separatelyexcept the forks as Bamster said. If the motor is bad you should probably dismantle it and sell the good useable pieces seprate, eg: Head, Cyl, Carb. You could sell the bottom end as a whole or pieces, easier for you to sell the botttom end as a whole part, then it all goes away at once. Check out ebay and watch for a couple of weeks, bookmark items and see how well they sell. Grouping things like the carb, cables and throttle together should mean you have less straggler parts laying around. Watch Ebay for a couple of weeks and see how everyone else sells things. There a people out there that are regularly parting out bikes as a part of thier business. A lot of them strip them right down to bits and pieces and don't grooup anything.

If you are interested in selling the head PM me with a price.

Good luck

• Live To Ride Mike

Posted February 06, 2006 - 09:48 AM

Thanks

He dropped a valve, so wouldn't that mean the head in no good? I think that would go for a lot less then 1/2 retail. Please PM me with what you think it is worth?

Thanks

• ArizonaThumper

Posted February 06, 2006 - 10:09 AM

you have mail, what would you take for it whole?

• Dodger

Posted February 06, 2006 - 11:27 AM

Do you know if I can make the 2001 WR wheel fit on my 2006 YZF? Any clue what I will need? Does anyone sell an odometer replacment spacer?

Can't help you, but if you end up wanting to see your wheels (or at least the front in particular) PLEASE PLEASE PM me :thumbsup: . My front rim on my '01 is......umm..............unique to say the least.

Thanks

Dodger

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.