What happened to 4stroke.com I need Dave's XRL Carb mods.

14 replies to this topic
  • daveld

Posted February 05, 2006 - 07:21 PM

I guess I am too late to get the Dave's XR650L carb mods. There was a detailed page on 4strokes.com that had pictures in a step by step guide to uncork the carb. Now sadly, it seems 4strokes.com is gone. Anyone know what happened to the site?

Anyone have the page with the pics? This is the last step I need to do to my 06 XR650L.

Thanks

Dave (Just a coincidence)

• XR4DEZ

Posted February 05, 2006 - 07:43 PM

Should be back by Monday.

• supaflyryan

Posted February 06, 2006 - 12:08 AM

Yeah something happened with their host's server. It should be up soon.

I did a writeup for relocating the electrical and they will have it up in Tech in the next few days, so check that out too if you are interested.

• TimBrp

Posted February 06, 2006 - 03:59 AM

They'll be back up.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 06, 2006 - 07:30 AM

Welcome to 4Strokes.com

4Strokes.com is down do to technical difficulties beyond our control.

We expect the site to be back online sometime on Monday, February 6, 2006.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 06, 2006 - 07:46 AM

Temporary URL for Dave's Carb Mods

I hope 4Strokes.com does not take this as anything but a technical assistance during their outage. I assume no copyright malfeasance will be taken. I can pull the link at anytime if this is of any concern.

Here's an exploded view of the L carb, too, just in case: Exploded view

• daveld

Posted February 06, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the link. I am going to attempt the mod this weekend. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 07, 2006 - 08:08 AM

No problem. Again, I hope its cool with 4strokes.com.

Just in case I do have to pull it, you can save it for future reference while it is available.

If you are running IE, go to the site, and select (F)ile, (S)ave. It should save the linked images, too, but not sure about IE as I run Firefox/Mozilla. For FF, it is (F)ile, Save Page (A)s. This way, you'll have a locally cached version of the page/site.

Also, there's freeware out there that will suck a whole site down for a local copy. I usually just nab the pages, like Dave's Carb Mods on 4strokes, so I can refer back to them if I have any connection problems.

Good luck with the mod; I am going to do it to my L this week or this w-end, too.

• XR650L_Dave

Posted February 07, 2006 - 09:05 AM

You can always go through the internet archives when something goes south- the wayback machine rocks!

D

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:22 AM

You can always go through the internet archives when something goes south- the wayback machine rocks!

D

:thumbsup: huh?

splain it to me Lucy

seriously, what are you talking about?

• chicagobikefan

Posted February 07, 2006 - 05:49 PM

Go to http://www.archive.org. Very cool site; explore and have fun. They have a huge library of old films that are great.

• daveld

Posted February 07, 2006 - 09:45 PM

I made a PDF file out of it. By the way, can I do this mod with stock jets or do I need to buy new ones? The procedure didnt really say either way.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:23 PM

I made a PDF file out of it. By the way, can I do this mod with stock jets or do I need to buy new ones? The procedure didnt really say either way.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bonk:

Most refereces suggest that the stock jets be replaced with Keihin 55/158.

The stock ones are too lean, and once you remove the restriction in the air/fuel/exhaust path, leaving the stock ones in may do damage (run hot/overheat), or not even run.

More air & free flow needs more fuel to balance out the mixture. 55 Pilot and 158 Main will be a good starting (and possibly ending point) for most bikes.

I bought a 55 Pilot/160 Main as I am at about 4-500' ASL.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted February 08, 2006 - 03:58 AM

Go to http://www.archive.org. Very cool site; explore and have fun. They have a huge library of old films that are great.

cool site. Thanks for the heads up!

• Phuzzy McPhuzzface

Posted February 08, 2006 - 10:31 AM

http://www.4strokes.com/ is back online.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.