Am I the only wierd one?

9 replies to this topic
  • bonez34

Posted September 17, 2001 - 06:52 PM

has anyone else who has put on a hi-po exhaust with a rear facing outlet stood benind their bike and let the air bounce off your face? it's so cool isn't it? it never hits the same place twice.

or how about the noise the air makes as it goes by about 4-5 feet from the outlet? i kept hearing a whistling noise when i put on my t-4 and it took me forever to find that the air coming out was making the noise at about 4-5 feet from the tip. that's aerodynamics right there buddy!!!

please tell me i do not have too much time on my hands!!

• WR400inOZ

Posted September 17, 2001 - 08:27 PM

I love it when she spits out a big flame... Makes you wanna make that Tim the Toolman Noise.

And yes you have too much time on your hands :

• mxchamps

Posted September 18, 2001 - 06:12 PM

I have to admit it gives me a special feeling too!

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted September 19, 2001 - 05:45 AM

I notice the exhaust pockets (I call them "Thumps") hit the ground about 30 feet behind the bike when its sitting there warming up.

Yep, I'm weird too, but for many more reasons… :)

• bonez34

Posted September 26, 2001 - 06:41 PM

Yeah ron, that's what i'm talkin about. like when you're turning on a berm with a guy on a wr in front of you and you can see little puffs of dust walking it's way around the berm. kinda like wr splooge running down a drz swingarm. get some!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_Slade

Posted September 26, 2001 - 07:15 PM

I noticed that on my dads yz426. if we're sitting still, he thumps the dust on the ground....sometimes right in back, sometimes way off the side. Ive already been hit by them when i'm sitting way off to the side and wy in back. :)
It is cool to see them hit the dirt when riding though!
Anyone else blown out a smoke ring (one, light ring)? That was really cool!

------------------
'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• yzernie

Posted September 26, 2001 - 08:40 PM

And all of this time I thought it was just me being a dork!!!!!

Ernie

------------------
Life is too short, work hard...play hard
01 YZ426, 99 YZ125 to many more to list!!

• YAMAKAZE

Posted September 27, 2001 - 02:33 AM

You guys are scaring me :)

Bonzai :D

• Ga426owner1

Posted September 27, 2001 - 03:18 AM

I think too much exhaust is being inhaled..........must be the race gas

• Dougie

Posted September 27, 2001 - 07:27 AM

As long as you are just putting your face in front of the pipe. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.