Bike protection plates, what should I get??

50 replies to this topic
  • dogbone

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:25 PM

Go to a metal polishing shop and look at the buffing wheels they use on aluminum. They'll be black. That's what happens to your boots. If they're black, no biggie. It's not that white boots scuff more, it's that they make and wear more noticeable.

That my friend is called oxidation! White boots do look the best! Just hard to keep clean. :bonk:
I got some plastic renew that works a treat on my plastics and my boots!

Not really, but anyone who makes rude comments about the people that died on 9/11 just for sport doesn't deserve any respect.

He admitted he was wrong, it does take guts to do that. He apologized. It is hard for other countries to understand how much 9/11 means to us, sure he said one little thing in the heat of the moment?
Australia or any one in it is not the enemy, far from it :thumbsup:
Everyone else seemed to get over it.........
You going on and on about it is not doing anything constructive, I lost a few family members. Just reading you go on about it just reminds me about it. No doubt many others here.

I hope the USA-bashing cretin from Australia becomes your new best buddy.

USA bashing? Everyone hates us!!!!!
I have never read anything that is anti-usa? If I do, you cares? :thumbsup:

What he's been doing isn't critique, it's mean-spirited baiting. Nice job for only your 6th post in here, newbie.

Baiting? I don't think so. As for mean, you started it.....The way I read it was BOER didn't listen to you, you got upset. MATTY05 had good evidence that nothing wrong with aluminium guards. You got even more upset. Get over it.

You going on about 9/11 is what made me start to post here. Please drop it.

• boer

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:32 PM

You going on about 9/11 is what made me start to post here. Please drop it.

I stand with you dogbone :thumbsup:

• CycleWriter

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:34 PM

Everyones entitled to their opinions and no matter what, I don't think it will ever change. That's what makes these froums so usefull and interesting. So let by gones be by gones and lets talk TT and dirtbikes, afterall that's what we are here for. :thumbsup:

Excuse me? I didn't start this shitstorm. You asked about frame guards and I gave you my recommendation and previous experience to back it up. Then some jerk comes in and tries to put me down so he can recommend a product from a company that is either owned by his friend or he has some other relationship with. Nothing I posted about frame guards was deserving of critique. If my experience was different from his, fine, he's free to share his in contrast. That doesn't make mine any less valid, just different. Matty and his Aussie buddy decided to make it personal, not me. So why haven't you bothered to take him to task publicly as you have me? :thumbsup: Are you afraid you might not get a discount when you go to order your frame guards from Matty05's friend? :bonk: :bonk: I'm done. Pardon me for caring enough to try and give you as much info as possible in helping you make your decision. My bad.

• dogbone

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:40 PM

You asked about frame guards and I gave you my recommendation and previous experience to back it up.

So now you think everyone else is wrong?

I had aluminium frame guards, no different to plastic to me???
Just provide way better protection to the brake. :thumbsup:

• CycleWriter

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:48 PM

So now you think everyone else is wrong?:

What is wrong with you? I never said any choice was right or wrong. I simply said that in my experience the aluminum frame guards made a mess of my white boots and that I prefer the plastic ones. I didn't insist you take my recommendation, I didn't post a link to a company that sells the same product I use, I didn't call anyone names for expressing their opinion.

This was Matty05's first response to me in this thread:

What a stupid comment!

Maybe you need to get some better aluminium frame guards!
Mine come with a foam backing so nothing gets behind them. My frame is still new.

It is not what the guard is made of, it is how high the guard goes up.
Maybe you have got shit plastic boots or something?

My B&B guards go way up, they don't ruin my boots.

Seems like it was him that started the bashing over opinions, not me. What, exactly, did that have to do with the intelligent exchange of information? I'll ignore your's and Boer's posts from now on. This is obviously about something else. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dogbone

Posted February 07, 2006 - 10:54 PM

If you want to be pitty about it -

Dude, what part of what I posted don't you understand? :thumbsup: If you don't care what an aluminum frame guard will do to your boots, any of them will work fine.

You are basically calling BOER stupid. I guess that's when MATTY05 just jumped in. No wonder why BOER didn't listen!

• CycleWriter

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:06 PM

If you want to be pitty about it -

Pitty? Is that anything like being sook? :thumbsup:

You are basically calling BOER stupid. I guess that's when MATTY05 just jumped in. No wonder why BOER didn't listen!

After giving him my opinion of the aluminum guards, he then asks the same question about the Works Connection guards, which are also aluminum. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. :bonk: And when was Matty05 voted to be the protector of the offended TT members? If Boer was so offended he could say so for himself and I wouldn't have had a problem with it. For Matty05 to do so was uncalled for. The way he responded made it even more so. Defend him all you want, it just shows what kind of character you have, as well. As for Boer, I could care less which ones he buys. I only wanted him to have enough info to make a decision on. FWIW, the Acerbis guards cost me $18 compared to $65 for the WC and $75 for the B&B. Maybe I'm not so dumb after all. Buh-bye! :thumbsup:

• boer

Posted February 07, 2006 - 11:16 PM

Buh-bye! :bonk:

:thumbsup: :bonk: Finally :thumbsup:

• venkman55

Posted September 19, 2006 - 02:19 PM

I also have the same question. I have a 3.1 gal IMS tank on an '06 WR450. Can't seem to find which guards will work.

• C-P

Posted September 19, 2006 - 07:37 PM

Man, you guys are funny worrying about how your white boots look...did I end up in the gay rodeo forum by mistake?

I'm sorry, I'm new and all around here, but had to say it. I wear ratty old stuff and get DIRTY!

Anyway, I've got the Utah plate and didn't realize where it came from till I read this post. Thanks for the heads up. Came on my new to me '98 WR400. And I've ridden that sucker over EVERYthing. Buy one!

• Few

Posted September 19, 2006 - 09:00 PM

Pitty? Is that anything like being sook? :thumbsup: After giving him my opinion of the aluminum guards, he then asks the same question about the Works Connection guards, which are also aluminum. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. :p And when was Matty05 voted to be the protector of the offended TT members? If Boer was so offended he could say so for himself and I wouldn't have had a problem with it. For Matty05 to do so was uncalled for. The way he responded made it even more so. Defend him all you want, it just shows what kind of character you have, as well. As for Boer, I could care less which ones he buys. I only wanted him to have enough info to make a decision on. FWIW, the Acerbis guards cost me $18 compared to $65 for the WC and $75 for the B&B. Maybe I'm not so dumb after all. Buh-bye! :lame:

Is this the guy that got Matty booted?
SC have you heard from Matty lately? I hope he is well.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.