New Cycra handguard mount system

6 replies to this topic
  • cowboyona426

Posted February 04, 2006 - 09:53 PM

Has anyone tried the new Cycra handguard mount setup that attaches to the bars just outside the bar mounts with a straight bar? I'm wondering if the triple clamp mount setup won't be a little stronger than this setup (less chance for twisting). Any thoughts?

• WR450F_RDR

Posted February 05, 2006 - 08:07 AM

I just bought a set of Cycra's for my O6. I went with the triple clamp mount because of my experience with some Acerbis handlebar mounted handgaurds. They would twist and move around with any impact with limbs and such. I also had problems with the clamps coming loose.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 05, 2006 - 10:50 PM

I had the same problem with my Rally Pro's, which is why I bought GYT-R triple clamp mounts for them. I think that will be the way I go again on my (hopefully) new bike this year.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aford541

Posted February 05, 2006 - 10:56 PM

man, those bark buster things make me nervous, I had a friend get his hand stuck in one and broke it real bad.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 06, 2006 - 09:05 AM

Just to clarify, this is the new mount I was wondering about:

http://us.st11.yimg....615_1881_260098

You can get your hand caught in 'busters, but for trails they are worth having IMO.

• WR450F_RDR

Posted February 06, 2006 - 04:45 PM

Just to clarify, this is the new mount I was wondering about:

http://us.st11.yimg....615_1881_260098

You can get your hand caught in 'busters, but for trails they are worth having IMO.

those are new to me. looks like a better setup than the Acerbis one, although it looks like a lot of metal to attach two handguards. I agree I would never ride a woods bike without barkbusters.

• cowboyona426

Posted February 06, 2006 - 08:26 PM

Yeah, the Acerbis mounts that clamp to the bars are worthless- the first time you hit anything more solid than a marshmallow they twist and bend your handguards. I think I'll just stick with triple clamp mounts on the new ride if/when I get it.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.